Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Player is already signed in?

Discussion in 'Lobby' started by daniel_lochner, Dec 24, 2021.

1. daniel_lochner

daniel_lochner

Hi there,

How could I be getting this issue (i.e., "player is already signed in")…
    75B3B621-BA42-41E8-8452-0F32E73034DF.png

…when my authentication code looks like this (I specifically check that the player isn't signed in before attempting to sign in)?
    F89ED1D3-6BC1-40FA-A96F-85CF578CB757.png

Thanks!

2. luke-unity

luke-unity

Moved this to the relay forums. Someone here might know more.

3. UnityKip

UnityKip

Unity Technologies

Hi Daniel,

The error that you're receiving indicates that your client is in an invalid state and is a default error code for authentication issues. This error can manifest in a number of ways, for example: when an expired session token is cached and used to check sign-in state.

With that said, the most common cases where authentication will throw a 10000 are resolved in the latest version of the authentication package. If you are able, please update com.unity.services.authentication to version 1.0.0-pre.37 with the following steps:
    • Locate Packages/manifest.json for your Project
    • With a text editor, update authentication from 1.0.0-pre.6 to 1.0.0-pre.7. The line should appear similar to:
      "com.unity.services.authentication": "1.0.0-pre.37",
    • Open your Unity Project and allow the package to update.
    Note that you may need to close and reopen your Unity Project to clear any cached data that may exist. Let me know if the issue persists.

Regards,
    -Kip

4. daniel_lochner

daniel_lochner

Thanks @UnityKip, updating fixed the issue! It now throws an exception that I can handle when the player tries to sign in when they are already signing in.

Unfortunately, I’m now getting a different issue, which occurs whenever I try to sign in:
    It was working perfectly fine for a while after updating though; this just started happening recently for no apparent reason. I’ve tried restarting the editor, reimporting all assets and removing the Library folder, but can’t seem to fix it. I've had to downgrade again, because this issue is far more severe than the first.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
  5. UnityKip

UnityKip

Unity Technologies

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for the update.

The 401 error that you are receiving seems like it may be related to cached data on your client. To continue troubleshooting, please provide the following:
    1. Manifest.json from your Project (It can be one using the older versions)
    2. Confirm that the error persists when you close and reopen the project and attempt two logins
      • The first failed login attempt should invalidate the cache. If you then restart the project and login again, it should be using new data. If it always errors, we may want to investigate possible issues with system permissions.
    3. Do you happen to be testing multiple clients on the same machine?
      • Are you using any packages to handle cloning? (Such as ParrelSync)
    4. The version of Unity you are using
    5. Are you implementing any Unity samples or demos?
    Let me know if you have any issues testing or if you have additional questions or concerns.

Regards,
    -Kip

6. battlecouchstudio

battlecouchstudio

Deleting my Library folder fixed the issue on my Android builds.