Search Unity

Player.IO Framework

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by hjupter, May 2, 2012.

1. hjupter

hjupter

You can now buy the package here:

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  2. liverolA

liverolA

hi,i just paid for this,how can i get the package?!!!

3. hjupter

hjupter

Sent you a PM

4. hjupter

hjupter

If you guys keep supporting I will make a shop system example, anyone interested on that?

5. Acolit

Acolit

Of course, i'm really interested on this, and i think that many peoples too!

Last edited: Jan 25, 2013
  6. nixter

nixter

What exactly would we get with this package?

* All the client/server code assets in the ninjutsugames.com.playsian.com example?
    * A pdf set-up guide? How many pages?

7. hjupter

hjupter

Hi, yes you got all the client/server code from the demo, the framework does have the current features you can see on the first page
    There is no pdf setup guide but setting it up its really simple, you can add me to skype or PM me if you need further help

8. pushingpandas

pushingpandas

I will purchase when shop is included ! Need that shop really bad

9. Toad

Toad

Looks good!

10. nixter

nixter

Just tested your demo again, more thoroughly this time running side-by-side instances and with two separate computers. I ran into two issues in Survival Mode:

Synchronization Issues - The guest was out of synch consistently. The flying enemies were susceptible to vibrating positions. I don't expect it to be perfect, but it was pretty pronounced and would be unacceptable for a commercial game. I had a ping of ~90-100 if that makes a difference. Is this a known issue?

Disconnections - If too many enemies spawned (say 15) and the host was sending more than 50-60 messages/second, then the guest was getting disconnected. A guest could log back in but would be disconnected in less than a minute. I realize that you're supposed to kill the enemy spawns and not let them get that high, but if this game can't handle 15 enemies, how is it going to handle 45 players?

If you need a video demonstrating these problems I can make one. I'll try testing again tomorrow because it could just be my internet connection or Player.IO having issues.

11. liverolA

liverolA

i got the problem of Synchronization too,it's not so good...

12. hjupter

hjupter

Hey, well as you can see its a pretty simple demo, I just wanted to proof that you can have a player.io multiplayer game running in a few hours, there is no special interpolation or extrapolation thats actually up to you.

The ping is not actually an issue thats the average/good ping of player.io.

The survival game mode have issues when 10-15 enemies spawn, there are just too many messages being send at once I could have fixed this easily by letting the server handle behaviours for the AI. It should handle 45 players without issues.

To be honest I wanted to release this with better examples and more demos, but time is killing me so since many people has asked me to sell it as it is I decided to release it as is, I mean the base is there and fully working, its an easy way of doing games with unity and player.io.

A good example would be my game: http://game.ninjapvp.com

I want to keep supporting and updating and make more demos.

13. nixter

nixter

You're right, I may be expecting too much from the demo. Without server-side scripting, PvE doesn't seem feasible. I'd love to see a working example when you have the time to code it.

Do you ever run events in NinjaPvP? I logged in but no one was playing. I would like to try it out with 10+ people.

14. hjupter

hjupter

AI its still possible on the client side by doing the same as I mentioned on the server but ofc its better to be handled on the server to avoid cheating.

What you meant with run events?.. the video was recorded with 10+ players

15. nixter

nixter

I mean like an organized game, so I can play with other people. When is your peak traffic?

16. hjupter

hjupter

The game has not been announced publicly since its still on a very early alpha state, even tho the peak traffic I've seen is 20 players on one room.. I've seen other player.io games with 45 players and didnt noticed any lag issues.

17. nixter

nixter

Well, you have about 1,000 Likes on the game's Facebook page. Why don't you announce an organized game this week and see how many people show up? I'm sure some of the people following this thread would like to join the game too. And then we can get an idea how it runs with a little bit of traffic.

Come on, your game is great. It will be fun!

18. hjupter

hjupter

I will do it soon when new alpha 0.3.1 is done :) http://www.ninjapvp.com/forum/index.php?/forum/21-game-updates/

19. nixter

nixter

Great! Looking forward to it!

20. liverolA

liverolA

you should take more time to complete the framework,with a good start doc.
    I still can't run the framework due to the unkown errors.most of people are new to playerIO.

21. Jaybones

Jaybones

I just purchase this, do you have to manual send download link?
    jay

22. hjupter

hjupter

Hey, I'm going to make a document and update the package tonight. If you have any issue just PM me.

23. hjupter

hjupter

PM sent!

24. Jaybones

Jaybones

I started with Fresh project imported the download project.
    Bam
    I see small readme but nothing about the framework.
    Thought this would had working example like in your first page and showed how it Works with Player.IO
    and how it works with there Database.
    I don't see anything or know were to put my IO ID or how my database needs to be setup

25. hjupter

hjupter

Not sure why are you having that error with NGUI did you imported any other NGUI version?... to change your game id open up the player.io settings panel go to the top menu find "Player.io > Settings and there you go... Im working on a document and going to make small updates on the package, I will let you all know when its updated, for now if you have any issue just PM me or add me to skype and I will help you.

26. Jaybones

Jaybones

Nope,
    I started with new clean project
    only thing i imported was your project.

Should i import playerIO and Ngui first then over write with your project?
    Maybe your project dont have all required files/scripts?

jay

27. hjupter

hjupter

Download NGUI Free here http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/124032-NGUI-Free-Edition?

28. Jaybones

Jaybones

well i got it to work -i guess-
    I can't create rooms i get error
    Any Idea's?

29. Acolit

Acolit

Jay , pm me, i will help you

30. Mauri

Mauri

Hey hjupter, i sent you an PM. Dunno if you already seen it.

31. Jaybones

Jaybones

Well now you had a week to spend my money, think you can at lease answer or support your unfinished project i payed for?
    jay

32. pixlweaver

pixlweaver

I'm having the same problem as Jaybones. I get a UnknownRoomType error.

I am able to fix this error by running the Player.IO dev DLL locally and by changing the Room Type inside the Player IO Framework in Unity from "ClientRoom" to "bounce". But now I get stuck on the "creating room" popup. No errors.

Does this mean I have to create my own DLL to run serverside? One that defines a room type?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I really hope it is just some newbie mistake on my part rather than a problem with the plugin. Haven't been able to get a hold of Hjupter.

33. sonicviz

sonicviz

I'm interested in buying this but...good developer support is a key evaluation criteria. Not seeing that in the last two messages, or the fact the documentation seems minimal - especially for US$50. Just sayin!

34. ArchVirtual

ArchVirtual

I think Hjupter had the best of intentions in releasing this, and he admitted he's releasing it early without polishing.

However, I would strongly suggest not buying it until he can work out some of the kinks. It will confuse you more than it will help you if you're serious about trying PlayerIO.

There are vital pieces completely missing from this framework, and a mess of other files included that make it very confusing to use.

I really think his PayPal link needs to come down until he can complete this package, and has the time to support it properly.