Search Unity

Bug Player Input Auto-Switch breaks On-Screen Controls

Discussion in 'Input System' started by HellGate94, Jul 12, 2021.

1. HellGate94

HellGate94

this has been an issue forever now and now that it is no longer in preview i expected it to be fixed.

here a video of the issue:

i guess things happen as follows:
    touch events get consumed by on-screen stick => sends gamepad input => player input switches to gamepad => touch event gets canceled since gamepad is now active

am i simply configuring it wrong or how come this has not come up yet anywhere?

2. dmytro_at_unity

dmytro_at_unity

Unity Technologies

Would you mind please to file a bug (Help->Report a Bug) and we will have a look, thanks!

I was recently fixing related issue to Keyboard.current going null related to On-Screen controls getting enabled/disabled, so likely there is a similar situation where on-screen control calls MakeCurrent and confuses Player Input.

We probably need to rethink whole Device.current situation, it feels like a suboptimal approach, maybe Device.any would make more sense, e.g. Keyboard.any.spaceKey.wasPressedThisFrame would cover both physical keyboard and on-screen keyboard at a same time.

3. HellGate94

HellGate94

bug is reported.

yea not sure what the optimal solution to this is. i have not yet needed multiple input devices so not sure how any would work with that

4. OmarOfMA

OmarOfMA

Hello @HellGate94
    Do you a link to the bug report?
    I seem to have the same issue or similar.

5. gabagpereira

gabagpereira

Can't believe this is still an issue, almost 3 years later. What's the use of filing a bug report if a simple core feature that should work normally takes years and years to be tackled (if it ever gets to be taken care of).