Search Unity

Player falls through colliders in the builded game

Discussion in 'World Building' started by C01L, May 3, 2022.

1. C01L

C01L

Good day. The problem is that it appears in the build, while everything works fine in the Unity Editor. Appeared, as far as I understood, after the conversion from version 2019.4.4f to 2019.4.9f. Returning to the previous version didn't change anything. The bottom line is that the player just falls through the terrain. Other colliders, as I understand it, don't work either, since I tried to place a plane under the player's spawn. The problem appeared suddenly, because on the new version I tried to build the game and everything worked well, while it appeared after a period of time when I didn't touch any colliders and physics at all, but only wrote ai scripts and made ui. There were errors in the log related to specific meshes and the calculation of their colliders. I enabled the read/write function in the models of those meshes, the errors disappeared, but nothing changed. I even updated my graphics card's driver, to no avail. I provide a log from Player.txt, which was written in the development build. By the way, I noticed errors with the terrain shaders. I tried to attach standart, diffuse, specular terrain shaders to always used shaders in the project settings, but the error, of course, didn't disappear anywhere.
    I hope there will be help. It's really devastating to lose a project that I worked on for 2 years.

Mono path[0] = 'F:/Games/TheBreakage/The Breakage_Data/Managed'
    Mono config path = 'F:/Games/TheBreakage/MonoBleedingEdge/etc'
    PlayerConnection initialized from F:/Games/TheBreakage/The Breakage_Data (debug = 0)
    PlayerConnection initialized network socket : 0.0.0.0 55342
    Multi-casting "[IP] 192.168.88.251 [Port] 55342 [Flags] 3 [Guid] 1647437209 [EditorId] 2796444639 [Version] 1048832 [Id] WindowsPlayer(DESKTOP-MJ5TE7R) [Debug] 1 [PackageName] WindowsPlayer [ProjectName] The Breakage" to [225.0.0.222:54997]...
    Waiting for connection from host on [0.0.0.0:55342]...
    Remaining time:8s
    Remaining time:7s
    Remaining time:6s
    Remaining time:5s
    Remaining time:4s
    Remaining time:3s
    Remaining time:2s
    Remaining time:1s
    Remaining time:0s
    Timed out. Continuing without host connection.
    Started listening to [0.0.0.0:55342]
    Starting managed debugger on port 56209
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,server=y,suspend=n,address=0.0.0.0:56209
    PlayerConnection already initialized - listening to [0.0.0.0:55342]
    Initialize engine version: 2019.4.4f1 (1f1dac67805b)
    [Subsystems] Discovering subsystems at path F:/Games/TheBreakage/The Breakage_Data/UnitySubsystems
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 (ID=0x1b81)
    Vendor:
    VRAM: 8088 MB
    Driver: 30.0.15.1259
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    - Completed reload, in 2.834 seconds
    D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.
    <RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

<RI> Initialized touch support.

UnloadTime: 0.944600 ms
    Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
    WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
    ERROR: Shader Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities shader is not supported on this GPU (none of subshaders/fallbacks are suitable)
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Standard': failed to set fallback shader 'Nature/Terrain/Diffuse'
    Shader 'Nature/Terrain/Diffuse': dependency 'Tree0' shader 'Hidden/TerrainEngine/BillboardTree' not found
    UnloadTime: 3.059400 ms
    Loading player prefs test
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_Log(LogType, LogOption, String, Object)
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    SpeedTutorMainMenuSystem.Init_LoadPreferences:Awake() (at F:\Games\MyGame\MyGame\Assets\MenuFull\MenuScripts\Init_LoadPreferences.cs:38)

(Filename: F:/Games/MyGame/MyGame/Assets/MenuFull/MenuScripts/Init_LoadPreferences.cs Line: 38)

System memory in use before: 153.0 MB.
    System memory in use after: 153.2 MB.

Unloading 7 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 3080.
    Total: 1.299800 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.259700 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.038600 ms MarkObjects: 0.957200 ms DeleteObjects: 0.043900 ms)

Load Game Dialog
    SpeedTutorMainMenuSystem.MenuController:ClickLoadGameDialog(String) (at F:\Games\MyGame\MyGame\Assets\MenuFull\MenuScripts\MenuController.cs:886)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall`1:Invoke(String)
    UnityEngine.Events.CachedInvokableCall`1:Invoke(Object[])
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke()
    UnityEngine.UI.Button:press() (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\Button.cs:68)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\UI\Core\Button.cs:110)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:50)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:261)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:ReleaseMouse(PointerEventData, GameObject) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:195)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processMousePress(MouseButtonEventData) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:644)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processMouseEvent(Int32) (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:552)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processMouseEvent() (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:532)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:process() (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:289)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at E:\Programs\Unity\2019.4.4f1\Editor\Data\Resources\PackageManager\BuiltInPackages\com.unity.ugui\Runtime\EventSystem\EventSystem.cs:377)

(Filename: F:/Games/MyGame/MyGame/Assets/MenuFull/MenuScripts/MenuController.cs Line: 886)

Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    UnloadTime: 41.091400 ms
    System memory in use before: 200.2 MB.
    System memory in use after: 164.4 MB.

Unloading 585 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1477.
    Total: 5.567600 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.311200 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.051700 ms MarkObjects: 0.594400 ms DeleteObjects: 4.609400 ms)

Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
    UnloadTime: 0.652000 ms
    Scene persistence wasn't loaded due to condition mismatch
    UnityEngine.MonoBehaviour:print(Object)

Setting up 9 worker threads for Enlighten.
    Thread -> id: 3c78 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 38e8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 1568 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 11f8 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 2b88 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 227c -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 4128 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 3888 -> priority: 1
    Thread -> id: 3218 -> priority: 1
    System memory in use before: 1.85 GB.
    System memory in use after: 1.85 GB.

Unloading 20 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 56260.
    Total: 14.448900 ms (FindLiveObjects: 2.870400 ms CreateObjectMapping: 1.220800 ms MarkObjects: 9.946700 ms DeleteObjects: 0.410500 ms)

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  2. C01L

C01L

Solved this by deleting all mesh colliders in the scene. It's sad cause now I need to create a lot of box/capsule colliders for all the objects. The scene is really huge and there are a lot of meshes that can be well tangible only with mesh colliders.

3. BrandyStarbrite

BrandyStarbrite

Sorry to hear that.