Search Unity

Player death script

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by DudeDay012, Sep 1, 2021.

1. DudeDay012

DudeDay012

Hi everybody, I want some help to make a player death script (using lava on my platformer), but with
    Unity Bolt.
    DO NOT USE ANSWERS ABOUT C#. So please tell me HOW to make player death (when touching lava, and WITHOUT enemies), and using BOLT script.

Detail: I'll not use enemies on my game.

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

OK then I will move this thread to visual scripting.

3. DudeDay012

DudeDay012

But Bolt is visual scripting right?

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

5. DudeDay012

DudeDay012

Im using standart Bolt, not Bolt enhanced

6. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

You should use Unity's Visual Scripting, not (old) bolt. They are the same product but renamed and improved.

There isn't a scenario that exists where using bolt is a good idea vs using Visual Scripting (which used to be called bolt).

7. DudeDay012

DudeDay012

IT DOSEN'T MATTER FOR ME, I USE BOLT IF I WANT, YOU CAN'T CONTROL MY LIFE! AND IF YOU DELETE MY ACCOUNT... THEN I'LL BE BACK SOON. |:(

8. Noahthegen

Noahthegen

this should work FYI make a Player heath variable and a die image if you want and a lose scene

9. Noahthegen

Noahthegen

10. MaskedMouse

MaskedMouse

As hippocoder already politely tried to tell you, bolt and Unity Visual Scripting are the same thing. Unity acquired bolt some time ago. They renamed it to Unity Visual Scripting and it is free. It is an upgrade, not a downgrade.

If you don't want to take that advise that's totally up to you, none is forcing you. but you don't have to go caps locking towards someone that's trying to help you. I would've given you the same advise for that matter. Please answer in a polite manner. If you don't then there is a chance that people are less likely to help you.

hippocoder likes this.
  11. kverma1985

kverma1985

From your question I'm assuming you are using a 2D game, then try using a Box Collider 2D with Is Trigger checked on the Lava sprite and a OnTriggerEnter2D or OnTriggerStay2D for triggering a damage animation/action.

This should be enough as a "Hint" to your problem.