Search Unity

1. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Let us know a bit about your interests, and if you'd like to become more directly involved. Take our survey!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Player Controller for 4 leg creatures / dragons

Discussion in 'Physics' started by Blu3pulsar, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

Hi there,

I recently bought a Dragon asset (https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/3d/characters/creatures/desert-dragon-115672).

All Player Controllers i found by now are for humanoid objects, so my Question is: Are there any assets, which make a creature a Player character.
    Or how would i start in creating my own Controller?

I am not sure if this is the Right Forum to post this Question, i am sorry if not.

2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

It looks like that asset comes with controller scripts?

3. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

No it doesn't. There are only predefined animations within the package. But i found a working solution in the asset store anyways.

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Unity Technologies

So DesertDragonController.controller included in the package is not a controller?

5. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

It is an Animator Controller with several states and transitions, but not a Controller for "playing" the Dragon as far as my understanding goes.