Search Unity

PlayableGraph is not cloned when instantiate GameObject

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by dwit_mass_creation, Sep 8, 2017.

1. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

I have created custom PlayableGraph for Animator. When I clone this GameObject (Instantiate) PlayableGraph for cloned Animator is empty (only one AnimationOutput and not my custom graph).

So my question is how can I copy entire PlayableGraph hierarchy to another object?

I have tried some ideas, but many of them are crashing Unity (wrong memory access).

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

I don't think you can. There is no copy/clone functionality on Playables or PlayableGraph, and they are not serializable objects (by design).

3. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

Thank you for answer.

One more question regarding copying PlayableGraph. I create AnimatorControllerPlayable from RuntimeAnimatorController and right now I have to keep reference to that RuntimeAnimatorController in order to copy PlayableGraph. Is there a method to get that RuntimeAnimatorController directly from created AnimatorControllerPlayable or can it be added?

4. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

There is no method exposed for that. I'll send a request to the animation team, it looks like it would be an easy addition.

5. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

Thank you.
    It would be good to have exposed method for getting AnimationClip from AnimationClipPlayable too. I'm sure it will be useful for someone.

6. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Looks like there is - AnimationClipPlayable.GetAnimationClip(). Not sure why it's not documented though.

7. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

Just checked, and the documentation is in the process of being updated.

8. dwit_mass_creation

dwit_mass_creation

Oh. Didn't see it. Nice.