Search Unity

PlayableAsset null after scene loaded

Discussion in 'Addressables' started by MarsZhouCN, Aug 17, 2019.

1. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

Ladies and gentlemen, we have found a problem now:
    1, Cscenes_Bitten_01_01_Start This scene (herein referred to as scene A) has a gameobject on which a PlayableDirector script is mounted, which references a PlayableAsset called Cscenes_Bitten_01_01_Start (referred to as Resource B).
    2, We used a new tempty project to have a test , found that after loading scene A in a start scene, the resource B on it is normally available;
    3, however, in our project ,afer some scene changes , when loaded scene A, the resource B obtained on it is empty;

Do you have any ideas for this BUG?

2. unity_bill

unity_bill

there are two possible issues related to dependencies that are known. One is currently fixed in unity engine 2019.3.0a12. The other will be fixed in the next release of Addressables (1.1.8 or so) coming out this week.

Please test on 19.0a12, and if that fails, test on the latest addressables this week. If those fail, I'll either need more details, or even better, a unity bug report with a repro project.

3. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

Wow, cool, looking forward to the Addressables (1.1.8 or so) , and i will test it using unity engine 2019.3.0a12, thanks.

unity_bill likes this.
  4. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

Too sad, I have found quit a lot changes when upgraded to 19.0a12, I would bettle wait for the 'Addressables (1.1.8 or so) coming out this week. '

5. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

Hi , I saw the 1.19 in the package manager, does it resolve this issue?

6. unity_bill

unity_bill

The 1.1.8 I was talking about is 1.1.9. That does fix the issue with some dependencies getting unloaded when they should not. The fix in the engine has to do with build-time dependency calculations. So without more detail, I'm not sure which of those issues is the cause of your problem. I think the package one is more likely, but I can't be sure.

So please try 1.1.9 and see how it goes.

7. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

So for I am blocked by the previous steps, and I will respones to you if I have tried.

8. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

Too sad, addressables 1.1.9 do not resolve my issues , We will back to Resources ...

9. unity_bill

unity_bill

If you can file a bug against Unity with a repro project, we'll look into it. Otherwise we'd just have to start randomly guessing at what might be wrong.

10. MarsZhouCN

MarsZhouCN

I will try but it's not easy to make a minimum reproduction project, sad...