Search Unity

Games [PLAYABLE] Stone Wall Run - Beta

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by SarfaraazAlladin, Sep 6, 2017.

1. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

SWR_Header.gif

Hello!

I've been working (rather secretively) on a little project for the past coupla months, and I'm finally ready to share it with you fine folks :D

It's called Stone Wall Run, and it's an infinite runner where you play as a cave painting of a deer. I hope you give it a try, and if you do, I would love to know what you think!

You can play it over at itch io:
    https://sarfaraaz.itch.io/stone-wall-run

2. fire7side

fire7side

I like it, but I think the background should scroll.

3. starmind001

starmind001

I like the design idea. Maybe blend the player the same way you did the rest of the characters.

4. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

Glad you like it!
    I wish there was a clear way to do this, but at this point in the project I would have to rebuild the game to make it work :( It's something I'm definitely keeping in mind though because I would love to eventually make a sequel to Stone Wall Run for mobile.

Thanks! It'll be exciting when the art style is more unified for sure :D

5. AkiraWong89

AkiraWong89

Creative art. You got the style. Love it. Simple and nice control. Cool.
    If you can blend those animal arts into the rock like real painting. Perfect.
    Maybe some custom shader could do. Or maybe dynamic shadow projector.
    I hope can see this on the store. Added you on Twitter. Keep up the good work.;)

6. SarfaraazAlladin

SarfaraazAlladin

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

7. Serinx

Serinx

Cool Idea. I like the little intro/tutorial. I agree with the others about blending the deer more.
    Maybe have a look at projecting the image onto the rock model behind (don't know how hard that is :p)
    The stick figures chasing you look good.
    The scrolling background idea could work, maybe you could move the camera around the edges of the cave as the deer runs?
    But as you said, that's a big change :p