Search Unity

Play Store validation problem when submitting app

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by Zwiebel, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

Hi,

I have submitted my application to the Play Store. I use a simple "give your birth date" form in my app to determine if my user is below 18 or over 18. I use this information (and store it only on the user's device) to determine if I should use COPPA compliant or non-COPPA-compliant versions of Unity Ads. I initialize Unity Ads with this information. Today I got a rejection of my app, because it says I should review my app and make changes because I didn't disclose that it collects information about the user, and if the user is a child then I should get parental consent before I collect these informations.

As I have implemented a neutral age selection screen (user must input his/her birthdate), and I use the COPPA compliant version of Unity Ads if the user is below 18, I don't exactly understand what should I do? As far as I know the COPPA version of ads are not collecting any personal information of the user. So I don't exactly understand where the problem is.

Any quick response would be appreciated!

2. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

As additional questions, why does Google Play says to me that I should get parental consent? Should I ask for parental consent for just using ads?

What if I use Unity Ads only in COPPA compliant mode? Should I mark my app as one which collecting personal information or not?

3. Zwiebel

Zwiebel

OK, so I have talked with Unity representative in e-mail. She said that Unity still collects data even if it is in COPPA mode.This way the question still remains, should I ask for parental consent if a kid is playing my game even if I use "only ads" in my app? I have never seen this in any app, so don't know how it works.

4. ap-unity

ap-unity

Unity Technologies