Search Unity

play only a part of the Timeline?

Discussion in 'Timeline' started by govy, Jan 10, 2018.

1. govy

govy

ok I'm a mega noob, only got to Unity a few days ago in order to shot a video from a TiltBrush model.

I was wondering if I can play, in the Game window, only the timeline section I'm currently working on? so I don't have to keep watching my video from the beginning, when working on adjusting a few clips.

alternatively, if I could get the Audio in the Timeline play in preview I guess that could work, but it seems that's not possible? (and I can't script in Unity)

another option I see, is to create a bunch a different Timelines to squatter all my clips, but how I can I make so it plays 1 specified Timeline in the Game window and later on, all of them in a sequence?

2. seant_unity

seant_unity

Unity Technologies

In the playable director, you can set the initial time to start from.

3. govy

govy

hum.. I think I tried that it didn't work. I'll give it a shot again and report.

4. govy

govy

nope. not working.

5. govy

govy

could you give me a screen shot example? I'm trying on the Playable Director from my CM folder which has all my CM cameras and is used for the TimeLine

6. govy

govy

ok got it working! its because for some reason the playable editor was also on some others CM cameras! no idea why though...