Search Unity

Platformer PRO - Ledge Climbing, 360 Loops, Ropes, and Much More ...

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by JohnnyA, Aug 27, 2015.

1. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

2. Mirage-wolf

Mirage-wolf

Just bought platformer pro (and several other assets) on sale and found some tutorial video seem to be oudated.

For example, in the first tutorial Platformer PRO - Intro Tutorial - Part One, during 10:45~10:50 the video maker clicks on the layer and choose collectable, but there is no such opinion now.

Is there an errata of some kind that we can use with the newer version?

3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

@Mirage-wolf

The layers haven't changed and are still there for me. In the newer version of Unity it will have a number in front of it.

I think maybe you didn't import the full project?

- - -

That said there are probably some minor changes over the years, although no one has reported anything recently. Any troubles contact me via support or post on the Platformer PRO forums and I'll get back to you ASAP.

4. Mirage-wolf

Mirage-wolf

//

Hi, thanks for the quick reply.

I mostly use unity at a place where internet is with limited access so I can post on unity forum but gets blocked when trying to access platformer pro forum, and several websites such as game maker/rpg maker websites, so I might have to post questions here.

Anyway, tried with 2017.1.1f1 with two computer (one with internet access and one doesn't) and both don't show collectable.

I updated the unity with my computer at home (the one with internet) and tried it, while it does have number in front of the opinions it still doesn't show collectable in the layer section, not sure where I do wrong here.

(the first pic is open old project, 2nd is create new object with platformer PRO asset package on, both don't show collectable in the layer sector)

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Ahh sorry, you are right, the layer was renamed Collectable_Projectile (merging in the projectile layer) to avoid going over 16 layers (there are some performance issues on low end mobiles with more than 16 layers).

Its worth understanding that the layers aren't special. You can use any layers you want and any names you want, as long as you configure the physics 2d collision matrix appropriately (i.e. so that for example character reference colliders must collide with a collectable if they want to be able to pick it up).

I mention this because the layers out of the box have to support many samples and are thus a bit 'squashed'. It certainly can't hurt to start with those layers as you learn. But as you go on you may want to use layers more specific to your game.

Mirage-wolf likes this.
  6. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

what a great product! thanks

7. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

8. magique

magique

Anyone know what happened to this asset? I know the author made a newer version and deprecated the original, but now I can't even find the new version in the store either.

9. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

@magique
    Version 1 and 2 are now gone;
    "I will continue to work on Platformer PRO 3 but I wasn't comfortable taking on new users while package wasn't getting active updates. Support will continue as normal"
    -The Man
    PLATFORMER PRO 3 is coming
    WITH SOME AWESOME THINGS

hang out here for latest
    https://platformerpro.boards.net/

10. magique

magique

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm using Platformer Pro 1 for a game I'm developing right now. I'm glad to see that it's not dead. It's a fantastic product that I'm finally sinking my teeth into. I'll be sure to go to that forum for any help and the latest updates.

11. magique

magique

12. Ylex

Ylex

13. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

Last post by john was:
    I got hired to work on a blockchain game; looking to hire a programmer to finish platformer pro 3

14. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

You can still reach out for tech support via support email address, but keeping forums and slack open for a deprecated product doesn't make a lot of sense. I hadn't had a quesiton on either for more than 45 days.

I'm still looking to release PPRO 3 at some stage but there is no ETA as yet.

15. InfiniteDesign8

InfiniteDesign8

Can't Wait, the block chain game looks cool too