Search Unity

PlasticSCM include Unity Teams?

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by TheGamery, Jul 13, 2021.

1. TheGamery

TheGamery

Collaborate used to include Teams, I migrated to Plastic a while back.

Do I need a separate subscription to access Cloud Build?

If so, will this always be the case now that Unity owns it?

2. AdminXRBASE

AdminXRBASE

You get a Teams license with Unity Pro, you do not get a Teams license with Plastic or a Plastic license with teams just yet. On the other side, Teams is not expensive (9 dollars for 3 seats), so I guess it is not a big of a deal, although I agree that it is all a bit confusing and doesn't make lots of sense. Without Teams you cannot get access to UCB, and in UCB you'll pay for extra builders again, while the first builder is 'free'. I would prefer to just pay per service you use, so in our case cloud build. All less confusing :)

Immu likes this.
  3. TheGamery

TheGamery

It wouldn't be so much of a problem if my project size wasn't enormous (I pay more than $9 p/m).

4. AdminXRBASE

AdminXRBASE

3 dollars a head is also not a problem with a huge project I assume ;) I mean, you also pay for Unity licences that are way more expensive then this. Besides, for downloading builds you don't need a license and I think not every developer needs access to the whole dashboard.
    We currently have 3 builders and 1 teams license running. The value we get out of those 27 dollars makes it a no brainer and very fair priced.

I also think Plastic is fair priced. Although it is not very cheap, I think even with its limitations and its sometimes confusing software, I'll choose it over Git with larger projects any day, because of its speed and handling of large files (ok, I only have experience with Git and Plastic, no other version control). It is not that much more of a premium over a Github for example.