Search Unity

Question Plastic SCM Pricing

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by unity_6750EE7387BBCD27F628, Mar 10, 2023.

1. unity_6750EE7387BBCD27F628

unity_6750EE7387BBCD27F628

I was implementing Plastic for Unreal Engine 5 for the last couple of weeks thinking the pricing was $7 per user and $5 per 25 GB, but currently looking for the pricing I can't find that info and it appears that I can't work Plastic SCM cloud independently and need the Unity DevOps.
    This is quite bad bc I already made the implementation of Jenkins with Plastic and the workflow with my team. Where can I find this information?

2. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Please see here for pricing information.

Hope this helps!

3. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Hi, just one extra comment. This pricing link is for the new DevOps version Control users. For the plasticscm.com users, the pricing is not changing at the moment. If there are some pricing changes, you will be informed first. It shouldn't change soon.

4. MidnightGameDeveloper

MidnightGameDeveloper

Is there an easy way to switch from (legacy) Plastic SCM pricing to DevOps Pricing?

5. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

Not an easy way but still doable:
    - Create a new DevOps Version Control subscription.
    - Replicate your cloud repos via the synchronization view.
    - Cancel your original Plastic Cloud subscription.

andreiagmu likes this.
  6. kristof2000

kristof2000

am i correctly assuming that say if i have 100 gb of projects and say 5 users i pay 14 usd and 28,2 euro for the storage every month? give or take? those hourly arrangements are a bit scary to calculate

7. kristof2000

kristof2000

or is the. gb's everytime someone downloads or uploads gb's that month (that would be really scary ;) )

8. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

You are not paying for the egress (data being uploaded/downloaded) just for the total storage.

The Unity dashboard does not show the GB used in your billing cycle. This dashboard shows how the GB/hours. It explains why you are seeing a growing number even if the storage value for your repo was static.
    • The DevOps free tier is 5GB/hour = 5GB * 24 hours* 31 days = 3720 GB a month to spend. eg: you could potentially upload 180GB in 2 hours. Then delete the changeset and you won't be charged that month.

I understand that the GB/hour metric can be very confusing. Especially while your storage is static, this metric is still growing during the month.

You get billed at the end of the month, checking if you have exceeded the 3720 GB in a month (5GB/hour*24hour/day*31 days).

So:
    * You can have a repo that is 5GB+ (if you delete changesets or the whole repo before surpassing that limit). For example, you could upload a 10GB repo, leave it half a month, and won't surpass that 3720GB/month = 10GB*24*15 days= 3600.

* You could exceed that 5GB in a single hour, again uploading a 10GB repo in one hour and delete changeset/repository before exceeding the limit (reminder that the repo stays for a week when deleted, to be able to be recovered). For example, upload a 10GB changeset and delete it after a day, would consume 10GB*24 = 240GB/month, way under the monthly limit.

andreiagmu likes this.