Search Unity

Plastic scm is not sync scene object inspector assigns!

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by BhorGames, Jul 20, 2022.

1. BhorGames

BhorGames

upload_2022-7-20_14-30-9.png

readygo and notready go is assigned in my laptop , i checkin changes and commit then send on the plastic.After that i download on my other computer and see this photo.

but plastic scm can not sync my assigned values on the scene why?

alecmak and Joshdbb like this.
  2. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

In your new machine, do you have a Plastic workspace pointing to the same cloud repo and branch?
    If you are getting a different project version I'm guessing the workspace selector may be pointing to some other repo (local repo?) or the workspace is not properly updated.

3. BhorGames

BhorGames

what kind of question is this ? of course i am working on same repo.If i wasnt i cannot see changes from incoming. Plastic scm can not sync inspector assigned values sometimes i dont know exact case but it is.Please search and fix this issue.

alecmak likes this.
  4. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

It's a very common issue that customers use a workspace pointing to a local repo by mistake and they are not getting the changes when updating the workspace.

If some changes are not synced after updating the workspace:
    - The update operation may have failed for some reason. Let's focus on the specific files that include the changes and let's see if the new file revision is updated on disk.
    - If we confirm that the file with the new changes has been updated on disk, the problem may be that Unity is not refreshing the new values for this panel.

5. alecmak

alecmak

I've had the same issue. Everything else syncronizes, pre-fabs, scripts etc. But assigning references in the inspector does not. I've made sure to save scenes before checking in. No idea what's causing this.

6. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

7. maxvsthegame

maxvsthegame

Yeah, we've been having this issue for over a year on our project as well. We're losing a lot of time because of it. Anyone found the cause?

8. SpartanFishy

SpartanFishy

Also running into this issue today.

9. carlosalba1985

carlosalba1985

Unity Technologies

could you open a support ticket with us at devops-vcs-support@unity3d.com.
    We may need to arrange a meeting with you for further debugging. This is not a normal behavior.