Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Plastic SCM hangs during domain reloading

Discussion in 'Unity Version Control' started by Jaden_01, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Jaden_01

Jaden_01

When I press play I'm often met with a 1-2 minute wait. I found in my editor logs that ReloadAssembly -> BeginReloadAssembly -> DisableScriptedObjects is taking minutes.

Upon opening the profiler and digging in I've tracked it down the Plastic SCM being the reason for this delay. Please see the attached screenshot.

upload_2021-9-15_18-38-2.png

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @edgeofdarkness, I'm sorry you're seeing these increases in domain reload times. We've tried to reproduce this dramatic increase in times with test projects (i.e. Book of the Dead) but have only seen an increase of 2-5% at most when Plastic SCM is enabled.

Would it be possible to either be given a copy of your repo or access to your Plastic organization so that we can try to debug the issue further? If you'd like to do any of that, then please open a Support Ticket via the Unity Dashboard. You can do so by visiting https://dashboard.unity3d.com, go to the Help & Support tab, scroll down the File a Ticket, and pick the DevOps/Collaborate section to make sure it gets looked at by the right people as quickly as possible.