Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Planar reflection showing texture on second camera

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Elyaradine, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Elyaradine

Elyaradine

I'm using the 4.9.0 preview of HD render pipeline on Unity 2018.3.4f1.

I wanted to use two cameras: one for normal gameplay, and the other just for first person weapons (so that they don't clip through the environment, and can use a different fov if necessary).

I'm using a Planar Reflection Probe, which seems perfect because I have a large, flat, reflective surface. When just using one camera, it looks fine. But when I enable the second camera, it looks like the reflection RenderTexture is drawn straight to the screen, in the bottom left.

Any idea if I'm messing up somewhere, or is this a bug?

upload_2019-2-5_15-1-19.png

2. fredericv

fredericv

Unity Technologies

Hi, it does ring a bell and can be related to a bug we have.

Try to set manually the FOV of the Planar Reflection (see the screenshot below), it may solve the issue.

Capture.PNG

3. Elyaradine

Elyaradine

Hi @fredericv, thanks for replying.

Changing the FOV in the planar reflection script does change the FOV in the texture that's shown in the bottom left of the screen, but doesn't stop the texture from being drawn over everything else. (i.e. it seems to be ignoring all depth and just drawing a square texture to the screen, like some kind of GUI texture. It's almost as if someone specifically wanted that before to view the reflection texture separately for debugging purposes, and then didn't turn it off...)

4. LargoSama

LargoSama

@Elyaradine Did you find a solution? I'm running into this bug now in 2019.1.5

5. Elyaradine

Elyaradine

@LargoSama I'm afraid not; I moved on when I couldn't find a solution.

LargoSama likes this.