Search Unity

Plan on Implement Blog and Trade in MMO

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by roberteoh, Mar 22, 2018.

1. roberteoh

roberteoh

Hi, all. I am planning to do a MMO game for mobile devices. The MMO game has an extra feature, which allow players to view other players' blog. The blog is writing at ABC website (Eg Blogger) but not in the MMO game. The blog also allows players to sell their products. The number of written blog will increase and update from time to time.

When displaying the blog in the MMO game, I plan to use the Unity UI system to arrange and display all the text and images, instead of prompt the players open it using browser. The arrangement and layout of the text and images in the MMO game will look significantly similar as the arrangement and layout in the web page.

After players purchase an item on the blog, player will reward with bonus items for character customization.

Is this feature can be done?

2. Jesper-Nielsen

Jesper-Nielsen

Ryiah likes this.
  3. verybinary

verybinary

I know there are already complaints about how useless the new asset store is, and im not trying to beat a dead horse, but I click on that link, and just get taken to my purchased assets...

Gekigengar likes this.
  4. theANMATOR2b

theANMATOR2b

5. Ryiah

Ryiah

Try clicking it a second time. First click always sends me to the front page but the second always sends me to it. It's weird.

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

You're talking about 2 entirely separate features here.

1) Displaying blog web pages from inside the game
    2) Syncing website purchases to your game

The first one can be tackled by adding a web browser to your game, writing your own blog page parsing code and displaying the text and images from the page within the Unity UI yourself, you could have your game directly access the blog web server database to get the text and image links to display within Unity, or you could have the web server dump the blog posts into a format more easily readable by Unity such as XML, JSON, etc.

Syncing purchases could depend on what system you're using for making purchases, but you're likely to need your game to be able to access the database used for purchase history by the web server or the purchasing system, which might be a completely different database than the blogs are stored. Or come up with a way to have your game be notified by some type of call made by the purchasing system when a purchase is made. I'd start by looking at whatever API is available from the purchasing system you'll be using.

Ryiah likes this.
  7. roberteoh

roberteoh

Thanks everyone for the tips