Search Unity

Placing objects in world space

Discussion in 'Vuforia' started by adrian-taylor09, Apr 1, 2019.

1. adrian-taylor09

adrian-taylor09

Hi there,

I’m working with an image target that tends to shake quite a bit for whatever reason. I’m trying to get around this by instantiating objects relative to the target, but in world space (I.e. not parented to the image target)

I was expecting that even though the target may move with respect to the camera (due to the jitter or shake), the instantiated object would not be subject to the same movement. My experience though is that the objects are just as shaky no matter who their parent is... is this just my lack of understanding of how the system works??

2. meedabit

meedabit

Official Vuforia Employee Vuforia

Hello,

Pose jitter exists for all 2D planar targets. The magnitude of the jitter (hardly noticeable to very noticeable) can be impacted by a few factors:
    1. Always print the image that was uploaded to the portal to the exact same aspect ratio. Any stretching or altering of the image may cause tracking pose jitter. Some printers default to "stretch to fit", which can change the aspect ratio.
    2. Check the size values you are using when uploading Targets to the Vuforia Target Manager. Note there is specific language used in the dialogue box that says Vuforia uses meters as the default unit scale. Incorrect target sizes could affect either our detection/tracking algorithm
    3. Image Targets must be flat when in the camera's field of view
    4. Not enough lighting upon, and/or spectral reflections occluding the Image Target
    5. The entire target image is not in the camera's field of view. As Image Targets extract feature points from the target in real time (on a frame-by-frame basis), the more feature points the better the quality of the tracking experience. In most cases, this can be improved by enabling the Device Tracker (aka Extended Tracking): Unity Editor->Window->Vuforia Configuration->Device Tracker->Track Device Pose (box checked).
    If you believe it is related to your target image, then please review these tips: https://library.vuforia.com/articles/Solution/Optimizing-Target-Detection-and-Tracking-Stability

Thanks,
    Vuforia Engine Support