Search Unity

Placing crossdomain.xml in a subdirectory on server doesn't work.

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by amit.r007, Jun 4, 2013.

1. amit.r007

amit.r007

Hi,

I am making a game on Web Player, I am using a database and a php file to connect it to unity.

I read on various forums and posts that I need a crossdomain.xml file to do so.....
    I placed that file on the server where my php file resides in a sub directory of root.

I know that this file has to be placed in the root folder, but I don't have the access to root.

so, how could I run my project by placing this file in a subdirectory of the root.

Thanks,

Amit.... :)

2. appels

appels

3. achingupta87

achingupta87

Hi Amit,

you can run your build without crossdomain.xml in one way. Put both file of webplayer build in same folder where your PHP file reside give that url of php in your script.

4. amit.r007

amit.r007

I have placed all the files in a same folder only, but it doesnt work without having the crossdomain.xml file in the root folder.

5. amit.r007

amit.r007

Hi Appels,

Thanx for the great help... the game works fine by placing the file in root folder...

But I have came up with a new issue...

The leaderboard gets loaded when the game is played on server, but when I integrate the game in a facebook page then the leaderboard returns null..
    Can you help me out with this.. :)