Search Unity

Placing AR content in real world with no markers, no Beckons, no Anchors. Welcome to ScapeKit!

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by edgars_unity, Jun 21, 2019.

1. edgars_unity

edgars_unity

You read the topic and you asking yourself:

Can I really show content with precision in a city environment without relying on any of the above?

We all know for AR, unless you know the precise location of the viewer, you can’t be sure where to display the content. Essentially the digital content and the physical locations won’t be aligned. And if you rely on displaying content with GPS the typical accuracy will be anywhere from 4.9 m (16 ft.) in radius under the open sky at best ( accuracy worsens near buildings, bridges, and trees).

Scape Technologies solves that issue by adopting a global reference frame we all familiar with ( lat, long) and using the Vision Engine powered by computer vision to determine your position & orientation with centimeter-level accuracy!

So how do we do this?

We do this by comparing an image from your camera with a pre-existing 3D model of an environment. If we can recognize the same objects in the camera that we have in our map, we can triangulate the precise location and orientation of that camera.

Forget the days of GPS in-precision embrace the era of the vision engine and start building your augmented reality and mixed reality campaigns using ScapeKit in a combination with arcore and arkit!

Check us out here and sign up for our SDK!
    First City available is London more to come!

Wanna see live demo: :)

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

But if I'm not in London — or any other major city — what happens then?

3. edgars_unity

edgars_unity

This is meant for cities and urban settings! London is our first city more cities will get available soon! Best thing I can say is go to our website and sign up to the newsletter! And keep an eye out when other cities become available!

We do also give you capability of mocking the location for testing. So if you based outside London you still could mock the location

Last edited: Jun 26, 2019