Search Unity

Places to host Unity web games for fun and profit?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by casimps1, Mar 4, 2013.

1. casimps1

casimps1

Just wondering, for the game devs out there targeting the web platform, and who hope to actually make some money off of their work, where do you host your games?

The only place I'm aware of that will potentially pay you to host your Unity game is Kongregate. Are there any others?

Any other thoughts on how to monetize a web game?

2. SHIMMY

SHIMMY

Both Kong and Newgrounds offer developers a share of the advertisement revenue, I couldn't say how much. And it is entirely dependent on the success of the project. Those are the only two websites i know of that pay for advertisement. But i am sure there are far more our there like it.

3. Aiursrage2k

Aiursrage2k

Can you post unity games to newgrounds?

Shockwave3d might accept it, gamejolt, wooglie

Last edited: Mar 4, 2013
  4. casimps1

casimps1

From what I was able to dig up, Newgrounds is strictly Flash-only. While there is the Flash exporter for Unity, it's pretty pricey (I don't own a license). So, I don't consider it a real viable option.

Haven't heard of those other sites. Will have to check them out.

5. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

Yes you can

I have created a video to explain how to upload a unity game onto newgrounds.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VZCKF1c9H0

6. casimps1

casimps1

But it looks like your example game was removed. So even if you managed to get around their upload restrictions, Unity games are still against policy and will be removed if they are found.