Search Unity

Question Placement receives no fill - rewardedVideo and Start Ads

Discussion in 'Unity Ads & User Acquisition' started by mateuszwallace, Jun 10, 2022.

1. mateuszwallace

mateuszwallace

Hi, I have the problem with rewardedVideo and StartAds to. Both was worked in test mode in Unity Editor and appropriate communicate appear e.g. "This screen would be your Ad Unit. Everything seems to be working".

However when I build an app on phone the callback methods says that Error loading Ad Unit rewardedVideo/StartAds: NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill in EVRY case.
    I upload add-app.txt to website, update ads package, set google play store id, no mistake with Game ID, ad delivery enabled, test mode was overriden to real ads and unchecked the test mode (project settings -> services -> ads).
    Still the same message, no real ads, nothing...
    Additionally when i published the game on google play store still no ads appear.

Edit:
    Unity Version 2021.3.0f1, the problem probably appears during the build of an apk/aab because with test mode - true at phone, the infomation "...Everything seems to be working" not appear.

Edit:
    Unity Version 2021.3.4f, problem still persist. Removed 2 warnings during build an android app, wrong keystore file localization - repositories.cfg not be loaded and disable burst compilation/optimization in project setings due to unable to load assembdly of testrunner.dll.

I will upload an logs from my phone directly correlated with the ads:

Autoconnected Player Unity Ads initialization complete.
    UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogFormat(LogType, Object, String, Object[])
    UnityEngine.Logger:Log(LogType, Object)
    UnityEngine.Debug:Log(Object)
    AdsInitializer:OnInitializationComplete() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\AdsInitializer.cs:47)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.UnityAdsInitializationListenerMainDispatch:<OnInitializationComplete>b__3_0() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Dispatchers\UnityAdsInitializationListenerMainDispatch.cs:18)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.Utilities.CoroutineExecutor:Update() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Utilities\CoroutineExecutor.cs:17)

Autoconnected Player Loading Ad: StartAds
    AdsInitializer:LoadAd() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\AdsInitializer.cs:34)
    AdsInitializer:OnInitializationComplete() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\AdsInitializer.cs:48)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.UnityAdsInitializationListenerMainDispatch:<OnInitializationComplete>b__3_0() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Dispatchers\UnityAdsInitializationListenerMainDispatch.cs:18)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.Utilities.CoroutineExecutor:Update() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Utilities\CoroutineExecutor.cs:17)

Autoconnected Player Unity Ads Initialization Failed: NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill
    AdsInitializer:OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad(String, UnityAdsLoadError, String) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\AdsInitializer.cs:83)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.<>c__DisplayClass4_0:<OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad>b__0() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Dispatchers\UnityAdsLoadListenerMainDispatch.cs:23)

Autoconnected Player Loading Ad: rewardedVideo
    RewardAdsButton:LoadAd() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\Scripts\LevelChanger\RewardAdsButton.cs:25)
    btnController:eek:dkryjObrazek() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\Scripts\LevelChanger\btnController.cs:134)
    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall:Invoke() (at \Users\bokken\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent\UnityEvent.cs:178)
    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent:Invoke() (at \Users\bokken\buildslave\unity\build\Runtime\Export\UnityEvent\UnityEvent\UnityEvent_0.cs:58)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button:press() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Button.cs:70)
    UnityEngine.UI.Button:OnPointerClick(PointerEventData) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\UI\Core\Button.cs:114)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(IPointerClickHandler, BaseEventData) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:57)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents:Execute(GameObject, BaseEventData, EventFunction`1) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\ExecuteEvents.cs:272)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processTouchPress(PointerEventData, Boolean, Boolean) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:407)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:processTouchEvents() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:305)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.StandaloneInputModule:process() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\InputModules\StandaloneInputModule.cs:279)
    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ugui@1.0.0\Runtime\EventSystem\EventSystem.cs:501)

Autoconnected Player Error loading Ad Unit rewardedVideo: NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill
    RewardAdsButton:OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad(String, UnityAdsLoadError, String) (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Assets\Scripts\LevelChanger\RewardAdsButton.cs:71)
    UnityEngine.Advertisements.<>c__DisplayClass4_0:<OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad>b__0() (at D:\Gry\NatureWorldRepository\Library\PackageCache\com.unity.ads@4.2.1\Runtime\Advertisement\Dispatchers\UnityAdsLoadListenerMainDispatch.cs:23)

The rewarded video is started after clicking the button - therefore another scripts calls this method.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
  2. LIU_Hanyang96

LIU_Hanyang96

Unity Technologies

Hi mateuszwallace,

May you provide your game id? I can help check for you.
    You need to make sure your SDK is initialized successfully first. Sometimes no fill is caused by the target prices of the ad placements. It may work after changing the target or creating more placements with different targets.

3. mateuszwallace

mateuszwallace

Thank you for the response. Sure mine game id is 3905631.
    Additionally ads on my another game on google play store works normally, nearly the same code.
    Here are logs from ads in Unity Editor:

The first Callback OnInitializationComplete says that SDK is initialized sucesfully. The same information is on my phone (first log of the post above), next we move to Load ad and here we have some problems because OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad are called with Placement receives no fill.
    How the flow of the ads should look like? What is the "target price" and the "target" itself, where we set this, on Unity Dashboard?
    I never walk so deep into ads within my previous project. I wondering if some packages during build of an app maks ads working incorectly.

4. LIU_Hanyang96

LIU_Hanyang96

Unity Technologies

Hi,

I notice you are using UnityAds SDK directly. Therefore, you do not need to set a target price.
    I checked your game id, and there should be something wrong when initializing with your game id. I will check it with the development team. You can try to create a new project and use that new game id, or wait for our updates.

5. Kosidinma

Kosidinma

I'm having a similar issue on Unity 2022.2.2. Ad placement works fine on windows editor, actual android device, mac editor but never on a real iOS device. I always get the error
    "Error loading Ad Unit getextraPoints: NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill" 

It happens no matter how many times I try. been having this issue for the past 2 days.
    Any help is appreciated.

6. mateuszwallace

mateuszwallace

In my case the problem was with the copy of the settings of Ads from my previously game, I just needed to create the new settings of the Ads and fill it from scratch.

7. MandragoneGames

MandragoneGames

Hi everybody,
    Same issue for us in France. We implemented LevelPlay for the andrdoid version but failed for IOS thus implemented basic Unity Ads (3.7.5 intentionnally not the latest version). Note that we applied the App Tracking Transparency services. The debug mode works fine.
    The SDK initializes correctly:
    Apr 02 12:54:19.648 RemoteConsole <stderr>: 2023-04-02 12:54:18.711 LuckyJoe[19922:1669122] I/UnityAds: +[UnityServices initialize:delegate:testMode:usePerPlacementLoad:initializationDelegate:] (line:99) :: Initializing Unity Ads 3.7.5 (3750) with game id 5183493 in production mode

The ads fail to load:
    Apr 02 12:54:21.179 RemoteConsole <stderr>: 2023-04-02 12:54:20.194 LuckyJoe[19922:1669122] LTE
    Apr 02 12:54:21.179 RemoteConsole <stderr>: 2023-04-02 12:54:20.198 LuckyJoe[19922:1669122] I/UnityAds: +[USRVApiSdk WebViewExposed_logInfo:callback:] (line:70) :: Webview started using the latest version
    Apr 02 12:54:21.308 RemoteConsole <stderr>: 2023-04-02 12:54:20.375 LuckyJoe[19922:1669122] Error loading Ad Unit: Interstitial_iOS - NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill
    Apr 02 12:54:21.308 RemoteConsole <stderr>: UnityAds:OnUnityAdsFailedToLoad(String, UnityAdsLoadError, String)
    Apr 02 12:54:21.308 RemoteConsole <stderr>: UnityEngine.Advertisements.Platform.iOS.IosLoadListener:OnLoadFailure(IntPtr, String, Int32, String)
    Apr 02 12:54:21.308 RemoteConsole <stdout>: Error loading Ad Unit: Interstitial_iOS - NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill

And for information, we use the IOS Project Builder asset.
    Any ideas ?
    Thanks

8. RSH1

RSH1

Same for me. Works in test mode and Android but not iOS.

9. FlurinJenal

FlurinJenal

Same here, how can we fix it? It's quite important.

ot21 likes this.
  10. Calvin2274

Calvin2274

same here

11. yimi_cgh

yimi_cgh

I use Advertisement Legacy 4.4.2. Same problem
    every first time it can play,when I reload after it play complete, it load fail

Rewarded_Android - TIMEOUT - [UnityAds] Timeout while loading Rewarded_Android

Some time is TIME_OUT ,Some time is NO_FILL

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  12. mster50-2

mster50-2

Same issue here.

Attached Files:

13. xxnc

xxnc

Same issue here.

Error loading Ad Unit Interstitial_iOS: NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill

How to fix?

14. ot21

ot21

same problem here, anyone find a solution? works on android but not on ios only test mode works on ios

15. KubiWay

KubiWay

Got the same issue, iOS only. Android works great.
    Using:
    Unity 2022.1.20f
    Xcode 14.3
    iOS 16
    Advertisement with mediation, v1.05.
    Pods 1.12.1

I can see that requests have been made successfully on the UnityDashboard.
    The error happens on await _ad.LoadAsync(); and the error received is:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 2023-05-05 22:19:37.793358+0200 Kubi Way[7757:548348] Successfully sent tracking event: 1 to https://mediation-tracking.unityads.unity3d.com/api/v1/adunitevent
    2. 2023-05-05 22:19:37.826968+0200 Kubi Way[7757:548266] configurationResponse: <UMISConfigurationResponse 0x282d78e80>: {
    3.     ad_unit {
    4.       ad_unit_id: "Rewarded_iOS"
    5.       waterfall {
    6.         waterfall_id: "XXXXXX Replaced"
    7.       }
    8.       ad_unit_name: "Rewarded iOS"
    9.     }
    10.     host_names {
    11.       tracking_hostname: "https://mediation-tracking.unityads.unity3d.com"
    12.       diagnostic_event_hostname: "https://mediation-tracking.unityads.unity3d.com"
    13.       s2s_hostname: "https://mediation-s2s.unityads.unity3d.com"
    14.       waterfall_instantiation_hostname: "https://mediation-instantiation.unityads.unity3d.com"
    15.     }
    16.     instance_id: "XXXXXX Replaced"
    17.     source_versions {
    18.       sdk_session_id: "XXXXXX Replaced"
    19.       med_config_id: "XXXXXX Replaced"
    20.     }
    21.     enable_impression_reporting: true
    22.     iso_country_code: "SE"
    23. }
    24. 2023-05-05 22:19:37.828756+0200 Kubi Way[7757:548266] UMSReachability Flag Status: WR t------ networkStatusForFlags
    25. 2023-05-05 22:19:37.833865+0200 Kubi Way[7757:548266] UMSReachability Flag Status: WR t------ networkStatusForFlags
    26. 2023-05-05 22:19:37.835686+0200 Kubi Way[7757:548266] Rewarded Ad failed to load with error(UMSLoadErrorNoFill) : UMSLoadErrorNoFill : No line item could get fill!
    Any idea what's going on?

16. ot21

ot21

has anyone tried to publish their app on app store and enter their store id in unity dashboard?

17. FMStudio

FMStudio

I tried using appId and adUnit of a different app already available in the store (and that I can confirmed ads are working) but I still get the same "NO_FILL - Placement receives no fill" error. So it has definitely something to do with recent sdk and/or implementation, but still no idea how to fix.
    Maybe the guy who can solve it was among the 600 Unity employees that got laid off?

18. TangoChen

TangoChen

This happened to me today. The ads worked. And I changed the bundle id for a new App name. Then the ad is NO_FILL on the new build. I was thinking if the ad is restricted to one bundle id. I can see bundle id is sent while initializing Unity Ads. It could be a coincidence. The ads no longer work even if I change the bundle back or set up a new Project ID on project settings.

19. ot21

ot21

Here is the unity response:

Hi,
    Thank you for the clarification.
    Upon further investigation, it appears that there was an issue with the Unity Ads SDK 4.2.1 package when using it in Unity Editor.
    Our developers are currently working on fixing the NO_FILL error.
    I will let you know as soon as there is more information.
    Good day,

Carl Decker
    Developer Support Engineer

20. KubiWay

KubiWay

Hmm that's a bit concerning, it's not in the Editor that I'm having these issues. It's on actual iOS devices in release mode.

21. chickgamestudios

chickgamestudios

Same for me, Placement receives no fill on actual iOS device, everything works when testMode = true. One question: should Unity Ads work in Alpha test release? (I haven't set Store ID yet)

Last edited: May 13, 2023
  22. daniel_lochner

daniel_lochner

Hi there, having this issue as well! Any updates?

23. gabanciano

gabanciano

Hey guys. I know it's been months but do you have any updates on this? Thanks!

24. HiBing

HiBing

Unity 2023.2.2f1
    com.unity.ads@4.4.2
    same error:
    Interstitial,Rewarded work well,but
    when load the banner adv: "banner_lower Placement receives no fill"