Search Unity

1. Tune in to get all the latest Unity news live from Berlin on June 19, 6pm CEST. Set up a YouTube reminder!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2018.1 has arrived! Read about it here
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Scriptable Render Pipeline improvements, Texture Mipmap Streaming, and more! Check out what we have in store for you in the 2018.2 Beta.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. ARCore is out of developer preview! Read about it here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Magic Leap’s Lumin SDK Technical Preview for Unity lets you get started creating content for Magic Leap One™. Find more information on our blog!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

[PiXYZ Plugin] New CAD File Importer

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by PiXYZUnity, Jun 6, 2017.

1. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

IMPORT ANY CAD FILE

With PiXYZ PLUGIN, import any CAD file (CATPart, Solidworks, JT, STEP…) with perfect tessellated meshes and limited polygon count.
    See formats supported in PiXYZ PLUGIN

This is the perfect bridge for connecting the engineering & CAD worlds with the gaming world, allowing effortless integration of large 3D assemblies and creation of powerful visualization experiences.

PREPARE YOUR ASSET

At import, access built-in tessellation presets to define mesh quality or create your own settings according to your optimization strategy.
    Create LOD on-the-fly when tessellating your CAD model.
    Apply automatic UV projection mapping (channel 0) and auto-unwrapping (for channel 1 Lightmaps) to your new mesh.

More info on our website: https://www.pixyz-software.com/plugin/

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
    mgear likes this.
  2. mgear

mgear

This is amazing!

will it be available in the asset store also?
    does the price include updates, until how long/to next version etc?
    the plugin is for editor importing only, not runtime cad importer?

3. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

Thanks mgear!

Regarding you questions:
    - The plugin will be available on both PiXYZ web store and Unity asset store.
    - The perpetual license includes all new minor versions. Major versions should be released once a year.

Best,
    PiXYZ Software team

4. jvhgamer

jvhgamer

Is there an option to purchase run-time capabilities?

5. DatDo

DatDo

can not see any plugin for download, is the plugin still available?

6. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

Hi,
    CAD import at run-time from our plugin is now available. There is not additional cost for this feature, but each user of the final application will need a PiXYZ Plugin for Unity license to import native CAD file at run-time.

PiXYZ team

7. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

Hi,
    The new 2018 version of our Plugin for Unity will be available for download on the 26th of March 2018

8. ekergraphics

ekergraphics

Saw the announcement today. We have so far been using 3D Studio Max, SAP 3D Vusal Enterprise Author and Keyshot 7 for CAD translations (and one other tool I don't think we can mention, for a competing engine). All of those tools have their unique quirks and flaws, so it will be interesting to try this one as well.

Does this new partnership with Unity change the pricing? I did not see mention of that in the announcement.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

Hi ekergraphics,
    You can contact us directly for pricing details (contact@pi.xyz). But no worries, it's quite the same.

10. mikko_forsman

mikko_forsman

Hello,

Is there any documentation available for the plugin?

-Mikko F

11. ibyte

ibyte

@oliverschnabel Are the scripts you used in your microsoft demo available somewhere online?

12. PiXYZUnity

PiXYZUnity

HI,

If you download and install the trial version on www.pi.xyz/download you'll get access to the documentation

Thanks
    PiXYZ team

13. d_grass

d_grass

Hello PiXYZ,

if i try to import an Creo-File in PiXYZ Studio the error message "CAD API failed error code (-10007)" appears.

Unfortunatly i can not provide you information about the file because it is under nda.

Are you able to help somehow?

With best regards

d_grass

14. bjornsyse

bjornsyse

Do you have a support forum?

15. mende

mende

Hi. I downloaded the the trial version of the plugin and try to test it before purchasing it .
    Is the PiXYZ plugin only available for unity pro ?
    I followed the documentation, but Im not able to activate the license in unity.
    After I try to open the license manager window inside of unity I see this error.(see screenshot)
    I also tried some different unity versions without any success.Im working on Mac and use the latest version of the plugin and unity 2018.1.1.f1.

Any help

Attached Files: