Search Unity

Pixilated Game Tab

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Acoustic125, Mar 31, 2022.

1. Acoustic125

Acoustic125

I've searched for a while with no luck, but is there a way to get the game tab in the editor to show a better quality?

In the pic the top is fine, but you can see that the red area in the game tab is pretty garbled. And yes, I realize have it scaled in the picture, but it's basically the same if set to 1. i was just picking a specific thing to show what I'm talking about.

This is eventually for mobile, and so far it comes out clear after a build, so I'm not really worried about that. But I'm getting to the point that I'm trying to work on the visual stuff, and I can't be sure about how things are going to come out.

Thanks!

Attached Files:

2. spiney199

spiney199

What resolution do you have your game tab set at? I can see it's zoomed in 2.7x, so that's going to show a lot of artifacting is the resolution is low. Bump it up with the Aspect drop down and make a custom resolution if needed.

3. Acoustic125

Acoustic125

Changing the resolution *changes* the pixalation, some better than others, but it doesn't really fix it. I currently just have it set to a 3:4 aspect ration. I have it zoomed in on the pic just to highlight that one area, and you can see that the red area looks almost changed, as much as pixalated. But, when I was doing a lot of the mathematical functions I couldn't read some of the numbers to check if the calculations were coming out right. I would have to copy and paste the results somewhere else to even read them, lol.

As I said, it's building it ok, and it looks fine on mobile, it just makes it difficult to work. I was hoping maybe there was just a rendering quality option or something...