Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pixelated / bad quality in Fullscreen

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by devel, Oct 19, 2009.

1. devel

devel

Hi,

when my webplayer is running in normal mode the quality is as good as it should be, no matter of the player size (width / height as given in html). Now when I switch to full screen the quality gets very bad and pixelated.

I have done several tests:
    - I increased the standard player size (in editor for screen and web)
    - I set Anti Aliasing to 16x Multi Sampling
    - I removed all shaders from the camera
    - Quality Settings: Fantastic (Editor and Webplayer)

No changes. Keeps bad. In the Editor if i choose fullscreen the quality is indeed "Fantastic" just the webplayer is bad.
    Why so? What can I do?

2. Artimese

Artimese

I got the same concern, the webplayer has terrible resolution and quality, im not sure why?

3. Dreamora

Dreamora

you define the default quality level through the quality settings in the player. tuning at runtime then will be job of your code.

as for going fullscreen: its not like this will go to a higher quality level or alike, it will not even render in a higher res, it will just stretch it to full res unless you have code to switch the resolution..

4. Artimese

Artimese

Guess the webplayer isnt really needed, ill stick to the exe. Btw, when I built my game to an EXE, and i run the game, everything is perfect except i cant pause when i hit escape(and i can in the game engine), and i cant quit the game in any way, i have to ctrl+alt+delete + end task to quit, how do i fix that?