Search Unity

Pivot point of the animator is flickering around like crazy

Discussion in 'Animation' started by hsjaaa, Jul 12, 2019 at 2:22 AM.

1. hsjaaa

hsjaaa

I have set up a locomotion with a 2d freeform blend tree, several walk animation and a run animation, the animation is from mixiamo, it looks fine in the preview. Want to use them for root motion coupling with navagent.
    But when hit play the pivot point of the animator, which is a blue point when gizmo turned on, is flickering around like crazy several meters away from the character. And the pivot point of the character is correct.
    I use blender to make the character, and I remember recently changed the FBX export "Apply Scalings" setting to "FBX All", because the default "All Local" will cause the transform scale 100 when import to Unity. So I think that probably be the problem, I changed back to "All Local", the pivot point of the animator is still flickering but now under the character's feet, not meters away. The scaling is still 100.
    So is pivot point of the animator flickering normal? What's the best practice when exporting the model form blender and using the model for root motion?
    Thanks a lot.