Search Unity

Question Pitch Shifting Audio Clip in Script with unity

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by zacharyaghaizu, Oct 7, 2022.

1. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

Hi, I'm interested in pitch shifting individual audio sources instead of the whole scene with the mixer pitch shifting

I tried with this script , but it isn't working at all when I try calling it.
    https://sites.google.com/site/mikescoderama/pitch-shifting

It would be awesome if there was a pitch option to keep the speed easily accessible like audio source.pitch.

I Appreciate your help in advance.

2. AndreiTache

AndreiTache

You can set the pitch with
    audioSource.pitch = newPitch;

If you want to change the pitch by specific semitones you can set the pitch to
    Mathf.Pow(2, n/12);

(where n is the number of semitones you want to pitch up by.

3. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

Hi, I'm asking about Pitch Shifting, which allows you to change pitch without changing the speed of the sound. The linked code was a script which should allow me to send samples in and change the pitch shift between 0.5 and 2. Is it possible to get it working? I tried with audioclip samples. The audio mixer has this feature but I want to apply it to an audio clip instead of pitch.

4. AndreiTache

AndreiTache

Ah, my bad. I don't think I can help then, I don't fully understand how that code works. When you call it, did it give an error of some kind, or what was the issue?

5. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

It didn't give any error which is confusing really.

6. Ectoplastic

Ectoplastic

Hi! Did you make any progress on this topic? It seems like the same PitchShifting algorithm like Unity and FMOD are using.

zacharyaghaizu likes this.
  7. zacharyaghaizu

zacharyaghaizu

Hi, Yes I managed to get the script integrated with unity. It works pretty nicely