Search Unity

Pink terrain in HDRP project

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by junctionboss, May 12, 2020.

1. junctionboss

junctionboss

HI, I have HDRP based world, and the terrain in center which all flow from, is ALL pink, how would I resolve that ? All the other 8 terrains show the right sand texture , applied correctly showing in game.

I get these errors which maybe are related, but I've zero idea what they mean:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.PaintTextureTool.OnInspectorGUI (UnityEngine.Terrain terrain, UnityEditor.Experimental.TerrainAPI.IOnInspectorGUI editContext) (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.ShowPaint () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.TerrainInspector.OnInspectorGUI () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEditor.UIElements.InspectorElement+<>c__DisplayClass58_0.<CreateIMGUIInspectorFromEditor>b__0 () (at <480b5a3bd3214ce5831f6dd8c68fdc55>:0)
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:processEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

Thx anyone!

2. warthos3399

warthos3399

No offence meant, but have you really looked into HDRP? I mean read documentation, manual, etc.? If not you should, great info :)

1st: Any time you add any object/prefab into a HDRP scene (even terrain) and it turns pink, it means you need to convert the materials shader to the HDRPLit shader (and the auto-converter doesnt convert them all, need to do some manual shader assigning).

2nd: i wont even ask why you have that many terrains, lol, but the error in the console you posted tells me your trying (or unity is), to use the terrain detail function (painting of textures/grass), which HDRP does NOT support. The detail section of terrain settings doesnt work in HDRP.

Another reason might be that your trying to import/use a terrain that has a unsupported shader, (check the terrains shader).

3. junctionboss

junctionboss

I've looked into a lot of the hdrp docs, but of course I"m no expert, but by detail are you referring to the heightfield values under settings for terrains ?

However now it does:

" But will you do something with terrain support hdrp ?
    For now i can’t use it cuz terrain are doesn’t support hdrp render at all

rizusays:

September 25, 2018 at 8:55 am

4.0.0-preview (when released) will add new TerrainLit shader, it’s already in github master. "

So now it does, not sure 'when' it came online, but anyway not sure what you were looking at.

Anyway I figured it out, I just had to alter a few settings in terrain details section and now the pink is gone.

And btw, no atm my rig is not HIGH end per se, but it will be in weeks going AM4 high end, but anyway I only have 9 tiles in total , but is a pretty small world afa MMORpg'S are :)

Glad for the conversation it got me looking around more and the pink has been cast OUT! lol

Cazbot and warthos3399 like this.