Search Unity

Pink screen before splash on iOS

Discussion in 'iOS and tvOS' started by trenskow, Sep 22, 2019.

1. trenskow

trenskow

Hi Forum,

I'm experiencing an issue after upgrading to 2019.2.6f1. I upgraded because it fixed the
    UIWebView
    warning from Apple when submitting apps.

Although another issue has emerged. The app simply turns fullscreen pink when running on iOS - even before the splash.

This is the error logged.

[B]2019-09-22 16:36:37.081858+0200 test[9252:1864330] Compiler failed to build request[/B]

[B]Metal: Error creating pipeline state (UI/Default): Fragment input(s) `user(TEXCOORD0),user(COLOR0)` mismatching vertex shader output type(s) or not written by vertex shader[/B]

[B](null)Metal: Error creating pipeline state (UI/Default): Fragment input(s) `user(TEXCOORD0),user(COLOR0)` mismatching vertex shader output type(s) or not written by vertex shader[/B]

Does anyone know a solution for this. I've tried to reset graphics in project settings, which has been suggested in other threads, but that didn't work.

Annopolus likes this.
  2. Andy_liu

Andy_liu

I got the same Issue

Annopolus likes this.
  3. jwhiteDev

jwhiteDev

I'm also having this issue.

Annopolus likes this.
  4. Annopolus

Annopolus

The same. Everything was ok before I changed: Unity from 2019.2.5 to 2019.2.9 and Mac OS to Catalina (and Xcode update). What happened also that I got series of messages during the build that system cannot communicate with shaders. I dont remeber that exactly how it looks, but I solved that by reimport, rebuild and finally swithcing platform to Android and iOS back.

In editor everythink works ok. Only after succesfull build to iPhone its pink.

5. jwhiteDev

jwhiteDev

So I'm having a bit of luck with one of my app. I moved to the 2019.3 beta and it worked! I tried it with another app but it didn't even build inside of unity probably now an issue with Vuforia and the beta... As that project has Vuforia while the other doesn't...

6. jwhiteDev

jwhiteDev

7. Bilgisoft

Bilgisoft

reset.png
    I solved this problem with 2 step.

1- Project Settings/ Graphics --> Reset (in top of inspector)
    2- Add Sprites/Diffuse in Always Included Shaders manuel.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2019
    FardinHaque and trenskow like this.
  8. rpuls

rpuls

This seemed to have an effect on my build, but it didn't solve to problem 100%
    The pink screen went away, but now nothing is rendered except for TextMeshPro UI elements, everything else is gone and I just see the default blue/purpleish background color. No sprites and no images are rendered. :(

Also I notice that when i click build, 3 more shaders are automatically added after sprite/diffuse: