Search Unity

Pink in game view with URP installed. Banging my head here!!!

Discussion in 'Universal Render Pipeline' started by westergard, Jan 25, 2021.

1. westergard

westergard

Hello everyone, i'm out of ressources here. I looked everywhere on the web and although i find matches for pink and shaders, nothing that solves my problem.

I just made a very fast and easy scene to create the bug. Everything in my scene looks ok with the good textures. As soon as i press the play button (game view) everything turns pink. I have a URP installed and i updated the URP materials (tried it multiple times)

Any idea what is completely wrong with what i'm doing? Please see pics attached.

thanks for your help

scene view ok.jpg gameview.jpg UPR.jpg upgrade to URP.jpg

2. Voronoi

Voronoi

Did you check the Quality settings in Project Settings? Each quality level also has to have a URP pipeline asset.

3. westergard

westergard

yes, the URP pipeline seems assigned to each level, as you can see in the picture. qualitysettings.jpg

4. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

What shader is each material using. If the upgraded is failing to change the shaders you need to change the materials to use URP/Lit

5. westergard

westergard

Thanks. I tried that already but the material then turns all white or all black, not the real texture

6. CianNoonan

CianNoonan

That sounds like the shader property names don't match. You might just need to either make a copy of the lit shader that matches the old shader prop names or reassign the lost properties