Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Pink and invisible objects on old computers since 5.4

Discussion in 'Shaders' started by MariuszKowalczyk, Nov 23, 2016.

1. MariuszKowalczyk

MariuszKowalczyk

Since the update from 5.3.1 to 5.4 I have a big problem. Players with older computers (integrated graphics cards: intel(r) 82945G 945G, and probably some other cards too) don't see the scene properly. Some objects are invisible, some are pink.

Objects with Unlit/Texture shader are working fine.
    Objects with Legacy Shaders/Diffuse, Legacy Shaders/Specular and Standard shaders are invisible.
    Objects with my own shaders are pink, even if the shader is just a new Unlit shader, created without any changes.

There are some warnings in the output_log.txt:
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Diffuse' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Legacy Shaders/Specular' - Pass 'PREPASS' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Unlit/MyOwnShader' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
    WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Unlit/MyOwnShader' - Setting to default shader.

There are actually more warning like that. Looks like there is one warning for the builit-in shaders and two warnings for my own shaders. Settings to defaults shader probably make the objects pink.

Anyone can test this or maybe you know how to fix this or have any information that can help?

2. IronMathbook

IronMathbook

"Settings to defaults shader probably make the objects pink"
    Do you know this for sure?

Can you post the code for your shader?

3. MariuszKowalczyk

MariuszKowalczyk

The pink shader is the default shader according to my knowledge. When there is something wrong with the shader it becomes pink. But for the builit-in shaders, they are not pink but apperantly they are just invisible. But that's not the problem.

The code of the shaders doesn't matter, because even the Standard shader and Legacy/Diffuse are not working. If I create a new shader without any changes it is not working too.

I have asked the support and waiting for the answer. But I will not spend more time trying to hunt this bug down, because only a few people have old computers like that so it's not a big problem after all.

4. Zuntatos

Zuntatos

What player are you using and what platform? The legacy openGL platform is deprecated in 5.4 I think, so if you are/were using that it'll be an issue. The new openGL core platform has more hardware/driver requirements as a minimum.

P.S: The pink shader is the shader used when the desired shader is unsupported (with no fallbacks) or missing

5. MariuszKowalczyk

MariuszKowalczyk

I am using DirectX9 but the person who was testing, also tested DirectX11 (same story), and OpenGL (crash).