Search Unity

1. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Picture in a color range

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Geckoo, Sep 13, 2023.

1. Geckoo

Geckoo

Hello. I am wondering how to display a picture (or a video) in a color range - more or less similar to a green screen effect. In my scene I have some hard colors, but some of them are brighter. In these last I would like to display a picture according to their brightness as a different layer. My project uses URP. I have no clue how to achieve this FX. Any ideas? Thank you for your help ++

2. Geckoo

Geckoo

Maybe I was not clear. I am wondering if there is a way to create a overlay effect according to the brightness of objects in the scene - only objects with a brightness near to white display another layer - something in screen space texture. I tried different ChromaKey method without any good render according to my will. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you ++

3. DevDunk

DevDunk

Maybe in 2022.3+ use the full screen shader graph pass to get the desired colors and use that as alpha for the loaded video/texture?

4. Geckoo

Geckoo

Yes. This is the theory, but I come from previous shaders system. I have to understand the new system using shadergraph. Thank you

5. DevDunk

DevDunk

There are some new youtube guides to get it running, those could be very helpful

Geckoo likes this.