Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Pico Neo 3 crashes/freezes

Discussion in 'VR' started by GT-88, Feb 14, 2023.

1. GT-88

GT-88

We are building are app for the Pico G2 4K and Pico Neo 3. Our app runs fine on the G2 4K but on the Pico Neo 3 we get random (not really crashes but) freezes where the frame takes minutes to render (making the app unusable). The profiler is not of that much help as it just tells us it is rendering. There are no errors thrown. We tried stripping our project down but the freezes keep occurring.

In our project we use the URP. We are using two different SDKs for the devices as stated on Pico's website. For the Pico Neo 3 we use the PICO Unity Integration SDK v2.1.2. We are on Unity version 2020.3.28f1

I know this is not a lot of information to go on but maybe somebody here knows if there are some important changes between the devices or SDKs we are not thinking of or something we need to keep in mind with the URP.

2. DevDunk

DevDunk

I use the OpenXR plugin myself, but there are some things you could look into:
    - Is the system version updated to the latest?
    - What does the Pico Metrics tool show for CPU, GPU and RAM usage? (maybe the memory is getting full)
    - Vulkan or OpenGLES3?
    - Does it happen in a blank project as well (started from scratch)
    - Does it happen in the latest 2020LTS as well? There have been some crash fixes for android I think