Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

PhysicsDemo, velocity does not get set

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by dimitroff, Dec 6, 2018.

1. dimitroff

dimitroff

I have some problem with the PhysicsDemo, for some reason, the ut.Physics2D.SetVelocity2D component does not change the velocity at all, so in the demo the Cube does not move left or right. Is this a bug in the physics system or there is a different way to do this?

Thanks!

2. FinlayMcGrath

FinlayMcGrath

I've had the similar issue, I would imagine its due to the rigidbody on that object being dynamic therefore you can't change the velocity directly. I modified it so that instead of applying a velocity it applies an impulse and it now moves.

3. v_vuk

v_vuk

Unity Technologies

There's a Velocity2D component that you can add if you want to *obtain* the velocity; there's a SetVelocity2D component that you use to instantaneously set the velocity. But from looking at it now we have a bug here -- SetVelocity2D's velocity value is marked as readonly (when it should be the opposite).

The Physics module is a work in progress at the moment; we'll have updates and fixes to it in the future that will fix a bunch of these things and add more functionality.