Search Unity

Physics stops when animation runs

Discussion in 'Animation' started by cuttinged, Oct 7, 2019.

1. cuttinged

cuttinged

I have game that uses physics to move the player. The physics is on a parent game object and the animator is on a child game object. When I play one of the animations that on the child game object, the physics seems to not respond or act on the parent game object anymore. I did some troubleshooting, and recorded the problem in a video attached. I set up the animator so that there are two same states and they can be muted. One state works and the other doesn't, but they both seem to have the exact same settings and transitions. If anyone has a suggestion on how to further trouble shoot this problem or insight into a solution it would be greatly appreciated.

2. cuttinged

cuttinged

So the only thing that was different between the two animation states was the name of the animation state...I was using the animation state to trigger the physics so when I used a different name the trigger for the physics to work in the code made it not work because the name of the animation state changed. Why does the easy answer always come to me after I post?