Search Unity

1. Check out the Unite LA keynote for updates on the Visual Effect Editor, the FPS Sample, ECS, Unity for Film and more! Watch it now!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Unity Pro & Visual Studio Professional Bundle gives you the tools you need to develop faster & collaborate more efficiently. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improved Prefab workflow (includes Nested Prefabs!), 2D isometric Tilemap and more! Get the 2018.3 Beta now.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Improve your Unity skills with a certified instructor in a private, interactive classroom. Watch the overview now.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice

Physics Material options are misleading? or misunderstanding?

Discussion in 'Physics' started by CruelGamePIay, Sep 7, 2018.

1. CruelGamePIay

CruelGamePIay

So I recently started out with unity and decided to do the Brackeys guide.
    In his you make a cube that simply move forward on a platform, in order to do that we make the platform a " slippery surface" using physics Material and setting both friction settings to 0.
    now i would assume that setting both to 0 should actually work , but the cube kept slowly rotating on the y axis.
    eventually I found out that "Friction Combine" : Average, actually doesn't average 2 zeros to zero, so when set to Minimum instead of Average the cube would stop rotating.
    Now it's probably due to another variable that isn't visable, but I wonder am I the only one that is kinda confused here? can someone shed some light here ?

2. dlorddd

dlorddd

You probably want to check the two drag variables on the cubes rigidbody.