Search Unity

Physics issue after build

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by PiersBishop, May 4, 2020.

1. PiersBishop

PiersBishop

Hi there, I'll try and keep it short and to the point. Please tell me if this isn't on the right board so I canpost it in a more appropriate place.

Context / Project
    I'm making a VR game. The main interaction is grabbing objects and throwing them around, nothing extravagant. The objects have rigidbodies and convex mesh colliders.

Issue
    The game works 100% in the editor, but has issues when built. Most (but not all) of the grabable objects fall through the shelves, pedestals, or even default cubes, and through the floor after that. I have found no correlation, or common information, between which objects seem to fall through stuff and which don't.

What I have tried
    Assuming it was a "first frame doesn't compute the physics the right way" kind of thing, I tried activating the gravity on the rigidbodies a few frames, even a whole second, after the start of the game, but the result was the same. I know it doen't "fix" anything but I thought it would be a good workaround. It's not. :(

More Info
    I'm using Unity 2019.3.2f1 for this project, along with v2.5 (sdk 1.819) of the SteamVR plugin.

If anybody has any ideas they might like to suggest, either as a solution or a workaround, please respond here. The project is now finished, but cannot be distributed because of this massive issue.

Thank you

2. PiersBishop

PiersBishop

I ended up figuring it out, so for anyone who ever ends up with a similar issue, here's the solution :

The meshs used for the mesh colliders need to have a specific setting checked in the Import Settings : Read/Write Enabled.
    upload_2020-5-29_9-50-13.png

Why there are no warnings anywhere about this, like there is for a similar parameter on textures, absolutely baffles me, but there you go !

hessex likes this.