Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Physics hinge not resetting properly

Discussion in 'Physics' started by kromblite, Dec 31, 2023.

1. kromblite

kromblite

My main character has a physics hinge that controls a flap on top of her head. But for some reason, when entering my custom level editing mode (which pauses the game) and re-entering the gameplay mode (which resets the level), that hinge sets its default rotation to the last rotation it was in before the game was paused.

Two things make this particularly weird. First, this problem does not happen when pausing the game normally, dying, or resetting the game any other way. Second, this change in rotation isn't reflected in the inspector. It still shows the correct rotation. And when I click the "edit angular limits button" and look at those limits in the scene view, I see that the limits show as having been rotated, but the angle limits still show the default numbers in the inspector.

I also have a similar hinge setup for a powerup that isn't always active, and that hinge just doesn't have this problem.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?