Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Physics(?) Changes when Animator Panel Visible During Playback

Discussion in '2018.3 Beta' started by Rathlord, Oct 27, 2018.

1. Rathlord

Rathlord

I don't know how to describe this any better... the game works differently depending on whether or not the Animator panel is visible while the game is running.

With Animator panel docked behind another panel or with Maximize on Play = true, the game works as intended (a small sidescroller).

With the Animator panel literally anywhere visible while the game is running (I'm trying to debug some animation transitions) the game works differently. I don't quite know how to describe it- the player moves much slower, however the game itself isn't slowed down. It's almost as if there's more friction than usual, but only for the player (the object being animated). Everything else works the same, but the player merely crawls across the screen. It's being moved across Rigidbody/Polygon Collider2D terrain by adding force to the rigidbody player object.

Version is Unity 2018.3.0b7, observed on Windows 10. Unfortunately this has taken my development to a standstill. I had to upgrade to attempt to fix the horrible performance issues with OS X Mojave (which, by the by, is not fixed with latest).

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report for this issue with a reproduction project attached and reply in here with the issue ID?