Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Physics and Character Controller

Discussion in 'Physics Previews' started by Held0fTheWelt, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

I don't really know, if i examine correctly, but how would i want to implement this to a character controller ?
    As it doesn't have a rigidbody, it doesn't convert to physics body itself, and i don't really know, how i would approach this.

Sonorpearl likes this.
  2. AlanMattano

AlanMattano

I did not understand what you are talking about. Can you expand? A screenshot perhaps? An explanation for "this" or some research related link can help to the reader...

3. Held0fTheWelt

Held0fTheWelt

While trying out the scene converter, we figured out issues with no collision with our players character controller.
    It took us a while to see, that collisions do happen somehow, but don't with our main character, which obviously is not loaded by scene converter but is placed in the world from the beginning.
    so i tried to convert and inject it, to give it a physics shape or body or anything to just make it collide with the ecs converted gameobjects in scene.
    They do collide with each other, if one of them has rigidbody attached and they collapse against each other, but our character controller is not using more than this character controller to collide with everything the Gameobject way.
    So, after setting up SceneConverting, we lost all of our collisions.