Search Unity

Question Physical Camera with Oculus XR

Discussion in 'VR' started by Lufilix, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Lufilix

Lufilix

Hey,

I am currently working on a game that uses portals that the player can see through.
    I have already asked a question about that in another thread. But while looking for a solution I found that all of my cameras (VR-camera from the player and also all other cameras e.g. cameras that are used for the portal effect) are automatically changed. When "Physical Camera" is activated it will be deactivated (Physical Camera = false) after I start the game.

This occurs when I add the Oculus XR Plugin to the project.
    I understand that the Oculus XR Plugin has to access the VR-Camera to change for example the FOV of the camera (to fit the FOV of the Headset). But why do the other cameras get changed too? I can't activate the "Physical Camera" settings as I would like to.

Does anyone have a solution or have an idea why all cameras are changed?
    I appreciate any help. Thanks.

2. OctoSharko

OctoSharko

Shame nobody ever answered that one, I have exactly the same problem now but with Open XR and the XR Origin Camera :-(

3. nilagard

nilagard

While this is a very old thread, I do not know alot about this but I do know that there only has to be 1 type of "Main Camera" active in 1 scene at a time. Handling other types of cameras could be checked out in Unitys Documentation. I would suggest going in there for a read about how they go about doing that. You could also maybe check out VR Mirror guides on youtube, I would imagine that is kind of the same thing they do when creating that kind of effect.