Search Unity

PhRONIX - Physics game with level editor

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by JohnnyA, Jan 6, 2012.

1. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Hi all,

just added a level editor to an iPhone game I've working on and thought I would put it up as a web build in case anyone wants to have a play with the level editor. There are still some bugs and no way to reload levels saved to the net as yet (your levels are also saved in playerprefs and can be loaded from there). Have a play and let me know your thoughts.

Play it at: http://www.jnamobile.com/phronix/

Also hosting a level creation competition win $100! Checkout http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/120673-PhRONIX-Level-Creation-Competition-Win-100

Finally a pic for those who don't want to open the web player:

$Phonix03.jpg

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  2. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

That looks amazing :D

3. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Thanks mate, I'm always happy when someone likes the look of this project ... I'm not an artist but given it was simple I decided to have a go at the art :)

4. TylerPerry

TylerPerry

Wow you could never tell its verry stylised, i love the way you used real shematic symbols :D i dident get to play is as my web player stopped working with 3.5devpreview :(

5. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Well a heads up, I'm going to be holding a competition for the best community developed levels soon (once I sort out a few of the bugs and add the level loading screens). A cash prizes as well as a few itunes vouchers for the best entries. Sort out your web player :)

6. a1s2d3f4

a1s2d3f4

I didn't know how to change the "by Anonymous", so mine is the one that is titled "Accuracy". This is a fun game :)

7. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Hi mate, anonymous name will be replaced by logins from FaceBook and GameCentre... at the moment you can't change it :s

If you write a cool level just post here with its name.

PS Level editor updates and loading from web will be coming in the next hour.

PPS Just loaded your level :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2012
  8. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Added the ability to rate levels loaded from the internet, cleaned up the level saving GUI, added status indicators for loading and saving success/failure.

Service is still being upgraded, so saving/loading and rating will only work intermittently (at least the status lets you know if it worked now). Hopefully this should be finished in a few days!

- John A

9. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Blah that build had a few major bugs in it, standby for update.

10. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

New release...

- You can now rotate blocks in 45 degree increments.
    - Title screen added.
    - There is also a new block type which imparts force in a given direction on collision stay... to get it, just click a selected blue block.

Sample:

$Phron3.png

11. Trackpants

Trackpants

Wow, that is an awesome puzzle game idea. Loved it

12. CharlieSamways

CharlieSamways

Awesome work John, it plays amazingly :) level editor is fun too, can imagine it being 10x better on iOS. Defiantly going to pick up and id suggest others do the same ^_^

13. JohnnyA

JohnnyA

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  14. Not_Sure

Not_Sure

Seems like a very original idea. My only issue is that I can't get the blocks to move! I click on the block, then move to the side and try to let go, but 9 out of 10 times nothing happens. It may be because I'm using a laptop.

Also, and I don't want to hurt your feelings when I say this so please don't take offense, but I think you might want to consider alternative music tracks for the player to select. It's not that it's bad music, it's just that there are some people who can't stand techno. I mean I like punk, but I wouldn't put a Propagandhi song in a game because I know it would drive some people up the wall.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2012