Search Unity

Photoshop Import with wrong colors

Discussion in 'Asset Importing & Exporting' started by SilentWarrior, Oct 11, 2010.

1. SilentWarrior

SilentWarrior

Hello, I am building a GUI for my game using Photoshop for skinning it.

And i am facing a problem, when I texture something, unless I put a 12x12 image, the buttons will scale very badly and show artifacts, even if the image is a complete square, say 128x128.
    Link to screenshots of what happens : http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1242729/guiDebugPics.zip

Whats worse, is that when importing images they get imported in their wrong colors, normally a bit brighter, I just imported a background for a panel and instead of darkgrey I get grey, so, instead of looking awsome it will look very bad. The background color should be similar to unitys darker background, but instead, it gets imported with a color similar to the Layers and Layout buttons, you can pretty much see the difference, and that will basically, break all my skin effects.

How can i fix this?

2. Dreamora

Dreamora

it imports with the right colors but it also bakes the color profile so you potentially didn't set the right profile on the photoshop side causing the error

3. SilentWarrior

SilentWarrior

What would be the right color profile for unity?

4. Exitus

Exitus

Monitor RGB I think, not too sure though. And something to do with Proof Colours :p When I get home I'll have a looksee.

5. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

I have always just removed the color profile and said "don't color manage this file" in PhotoShop. At least in previous versions of Unity, that was the way to make sure that things looked the same.

If baking your monitor profile, assuming your monitor is properly calibrated, is better, that would be good to know!

6. SilentWarrior

SilentWarrior

If I view the game and photoshop on same monitor, wouldnt it all look the same?

7. DocSWAB

DocSWAB

Yes, and in my experience, the colors are then as expected on other computers, subject to their monitor calibration, of course.