Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Photoshop extension for procedural textures generation

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by psrpocedural, Jul 12, 2021.

1. psrpocedural

psrpocedural

Hello to all,

I am new to this forum, so I see things interesting here and hope you folks will give me some guide on what to do next with my development.

Currently, I am developing a Photoshop extension that specializes in producing photo realistic procedural textures, i.e. with creation of various noises and by blending them together with filters that already exist inside Photoshop (similar to Substance Designer). With this extension, you will have to press few buttons that will enable you to create the template that afterwards you may twist it according to your taste and create the desired texture for game or for whatever you need it.

What is my concern, is whether to continue this project, because besides it is time consuming I am also aware that there are other tools like Substance Designer, Filter Forge and similar that do the same thing. The idea why I have half decision to continue this project is maybe potential users will like it much more because of the fact they are familiar with Photoshop more than with Substance Designer for example.

Please, I need you folks to tell me whether this project is interesting or not, and if the answer is yes, any suggestions and ideas are very welcome.

Thank you.