Search Unity

Third Party PhotonServer ( Animation Synchronizing Headache )

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by gharaibeh, Jul 24, 2012.

1. gharaibeh

gharaibeh

Hello ,

I have two player in my game , and i really headache because of Animation sync , i did the position and rotation and were syncs very cool but there is some odd behavior was calculated i dont know what it is !!!
    but im sure there is something im missing !!!

Mainly im behind the truth, but the animation syncs is not responding sometimes !!!
    i saw the Viking and demo example from Photon and special thanks to exitgames , tell me if i forget something in my network game or i forget something i dont know !!!! :(

2. tobiass

tobiass

Ow. The description is a bit vague.
    If the animation is not synced, you have two options:
    a) Use the position updates to "calculate and apply" an animation (find out how fast the remote player moves and then fade in a animation that fits the speed).
    b) On the owner's machine, you most likely calculate a animation already, so try to make that into a single state variable and send that.

We did the latter in the Marco Polo Tutorial:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-cloud/Marco_Polo_Tutorial/#cat-PUN Tutorials

3. gharaibeh

gharaibeh

Yea Tobiass ,
    I got it , the connection and network animations syncs were very good but i got this problem into my local code as animation controller , i hope this will fix my problem !!!

i hope only this because every things were stable and plugins fine.
    I will try and let you know !!