Search Unity

Third Party Photons non sense pricing for On Premise (Self Hosted)

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by o1o101, Sep 17, 2018.

1. gputhread

gputhread

Guys what about playfab is that good for us? And that is horrible..smartfox counting npc in ccu dam!

2. Munchy2007

Munchy2007

Yes indeed, I still can't get my head around how this works in practice. For example in the game I'm currently working on (multiplayer RPG), in any session it is feasible and indeed likely to encounter hundreds of NPCs, as the majority of maps contain 200-300 mobs and NPCs.

However, because of the interest management system, network data for these NPCs is only sent for a very few of them at any time and only to a restricted number of the currently connected clients.

So, how on earth would the final monthly CCU be calculated in that situation?

It seems to me that Smartfox is only suitable for games that have no NPCs.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    gputhread likes this.
  3. g_a_p

g_a_p

We are aware of this, which sometimes can be an issue. "Sometimes" because in SmartFox, NPCs are exactly like human users, but controlled by the server-side logic. They can move around a map n an MMO, set their server variables, etc. Sometimes most of this is not needed, so you may not even need our concept of NPC. In other words it all comes down to what you need your NPCs to do in your game.
    Anyway, also keep in mind that all tiers in our cloud solution for SFS (Overcast) come with an unlimited users license, so the NPC being counted in the CCU limit is not an issue anymore.

4. YousafGrewal

YousafGrewal

Now unity tried to charge per player but failed in 2023 i was justing searching on photon netoworking and land on your post