Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party Photon WebGL question

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by AccentDave, Jul 7, 2020.

1. AccentDave

AccentDave

Hey all, I have Photon 2 working well for Win, Mac, Android, iOS. Now I want to enable webGL. When I set the Build setting for it, and build, I get

Plugin 'Photon3Unity3D.dll' is used from several locations:
    Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/Photon3Unity3D.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/Photon3Unity3D.dll
    Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/Metro/Photon3Unity3D.dll would be copied to <PluginPath>/Photon3Unity3D.dll
    Please fix plugin settings and try again.

What settings do I need in Player settings and on various DLL's? Is there a demo webGL Photon project I can look at?

Simply excluding it does not remedy this. Seems if I delete the Libaries/Metro folder, problem goes away. Is that, in fact, the solution?

Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
  2. tobiass

tobiass

Excluding this should help, in fact.
    Did you do this:
    Open the inspector for the file Assets/Photon/PhotonLibs/Metro/Photon3Unity3D.dll in your project.
    Deselect the platform WebGL. In fact, deselect all platforms, except UWP. Apply!

I don't know how this happened but the export settings for the dlls can easily clash.
    Deleting the file is also OK. If you need it, you can reimport it from the asset store package. Then make sure to import all dlls from the same package, or else the metro one may differ from the others (e.g.).

AccentDave likes this.