Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Third Party Photon Viking Demo

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by bertelmonster2k, Sep 1, 2011.

1. nickmartin

nickmartin

Just in case you don't know how to fix the animations (I had the exact same problem):

1) You find all the animation clips under DemoVikings/Demo/Assets/3D/Viking@Fall etc. Open the @ prefab for each and there you find the actual animation clip.

2) The Viking prefab is located DemoVikings/Resources/Charprefab/Viking and here you can see all the "is missing". Simply drag each animation clip from above into the placeholder for each (the order doesn't matter). The size should be 7 so you may have to delete one element.

Hope this helps.

Nick

2. tobiass

tobiass

nickmartin: Thanks for the help! Much appreciated.
    Edit: Added image to help assigning the individual animations.

$VikingAnimations.jpg

Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
  3. cloyd

cloyd

is this working in android?

4. tobiass

tobiass

Kind of. The demo has no special input treatment, so without keys, you are out of luck.
    Aside from that, Photon Unity Networking exports fine to Android (and iOS, Web, etc), provided you have the respective "mobile" Pro license for Unity.

I also just uploaded a preview of the next version, which has performance and memory improvements that are especially interesting for mobiles.
    http://forum.exitgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2333

5. cloyd

cloyd

preview?

6. Michiquinn

Michiquinn

brand new to unity want to make a game and need to learn ho to make this kind of camera idk how to run it and the steps make no point plz help

7. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Still cant get it work :/ What to do now??

8. tobiass

tobiass

Explain where you fail?! You don't want to say you didn't have any progress in 4 weeks, right?
    How about splitting this task up: 1st find out how to do a first person cam in Unity and actually do that and 2nd try to make control networked. This is a separate step and can be solved as in the Marco Polo tutorial. The magic lies in applying the controls to the correct character. Don't stick with the Viking Demo, unless it helps.
    Also, this thread is not actually about how to make a first person cam ;)

9. TB0Y298

TB0Y298

Please dont be so rude, okay!? Im created already 1 game by my whole self (only me), and posted on Steam.

10. tobiass

tobiass

I didn't mean to be rude but I see now that my first reaction wasn't very nice. Sorry for that.

11. tobiass

tobiass

We just updated the Viking Demo to PUN 1.18.
    Make sure you have version 1.18.1 of this, as the initial upload was missing some files.
    No big changes, aside those from PUN in general.

12. JamesArndt

JamesArndt

3.56 does not work with this?

13. tobiass

tobiass

Just updated the demo to PUN v1.20.
    The demo itself does not change though. Just in case someone bases his work on this.

14. dijitaladamoguz

dijitaladamoguz

May i ask something about the Viking Demo,

I want to display Character Names and Chat Buble on top the Character as online, not another place on the screen. It's possible and how can i make this ?

Can u share code about that or please show the way for this.

Thanks for reply. ( And sorry poor english )

15. tobiass

tobiass

16. Jakesie

Jakesie

Hi There,
    I want to add another prefab, so that the new user can choose which character he wants. How do I do that?

Thanks

Jakes

17. LuckyWonton

LuckyWonton

Hey, I'm just getting into this and I'm wondering if I can get the server-side code that complements this demo.

I see that in the Photon package there's something called the "MMODemo", but I believe that only works with the defunct Photon Unity Island demo, right?

18. tobiass

tobiass

Jakesie: You add the prefab to a reference folder, then add your GUI to select it and instead of calling Photon.Instantiate("someprefabname", ...) you call Photon.Instantiate(prefabVariable, ...) with prefabVariable being a string. The GUI you build has to set a value to prefabVariable.

Joshua: The Photon Server SDK contains a LoadBalancing Application. As source and pre-built. You can run it out of the box for the Viking Demo by following the instructions here (and taking care you actually configure and then run the "LoadBalancing (MyCloud)" instance:
    http://doc.exitgames.com/photon-server/PhotonIn5Min

The Photon Unity Island Demo is a completely different beast (using open-world interest management) and might be pretty incompatible with current Unity versions. You should really get to know the basics of Photon before you start looking into that.

19. MarkVatani

MarkVatani

I want to add a GUI for each player that is visible only to the player in which the GUI is relevant to. Specifically, I want each player to have a GUI that reflects her own health and skills. I added a disabled prefab to my player that activates when the player spawns but the GUI attached to it appears to the other players. I need each player's GUI visible only to themselves. How do I segregate the GUIs to each player?

20. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

Amazing release and I will forsure use this and learn from it! :D

But there is this weird bug or something.... I turn my character via A or D keyboard and it moves INCREDIBLY SLOW. And will takes around 5minutes to turn only 90 degrees. Why is that? I didn't change the "Turn" speed in the Third Person Control NET script. So I'm confused why it's now doing this..
    Any help please mate would be greatly appreciated!

21. tobiass

tobiass

Good to read you like the demo.
    Actually, we never had this kind of issue in any testing so far. I guess it's best to create a new, empty project and import everything from scratch to make sure it's not some unintentional change at a random place.

22. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

EDIT: Fixed my problem.

Last edited: May 2, 2014
  23. iSleepzZz

iSleepzZz

So actually you can basically zoom into 1st person because the Camera min zoom limit is at: 0.1f So I changed it via the script in ThirdPersonCameraNET.cs and I changed this:
    public float minDistance = 0.1f
    to
    public float minDistance = 1.8f

So I am confused of why when a player spawns in that the script says the minDistance is 0.1 and they can zoom to 0.1 also :/
    Can you please explain what I'm doing wrong :/

24. tobiass

tobiass

I don't understand the question really.
    Actually, that script is not from us but I can try to help anyways.
    Most likely your problem is that the script on the Prefab has some other values than those you initialize in the code. Public variables are usually shown in the Inspector as Component of some GameObject/Prefab. The values that are shown in the Inspector (per GameObject or Prefab) are overriding whatever you use to initialize public variables...

25. ajaybhojani

ajaybhojani

26. tobiass

tobiass

This package is not the most suitable startpoint. It's a single-purpose demo of a 3rd person "game".
    You can get the Photon Unity Networking Free package and check out the tutorials and demos before you start.
    If you need a service to power a player community, check out PlayFab early on, too.

27. sebou42240

sebou42240

Hi,
    i download the asset but i have a question...
    I can attribute different prefab for each Id ?
    Like :
    if Id = 1001 public prefab1 and instantiate this
    if Id = 1002 public prefab2 and instantiate this

28. Jiams01

Jiams01

Hi,
    I get it 45 errors on this package like this -
    Assets/Photon Unity Networking/Plugins/PhotonNetwork/Views/PhotonTransformViewPositionModel.cs(15,14): error CS0101: The namespace `global::' already contains a definition for `PhotonTransformViewPositionModel'
    I have unity 5.2.1f1 and i just import both of Photon Unity Networking Free and Photon Viking Multiplayer Showcase.
    How can i resolve this in updated version...

Thanks in advance.

29. tobiass

tobiass

We upload the package including a PUN version. If you import a newer one to replace it, errors will happen.
    In best case: Create a new, empty project and import only the Viking Multiplayer package.