Search Unity

Third Party Photon Turnbased Multiplayer

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by ashish-kainth937, Jul 3, 2014.

1. ashish-kainth937

ashish-kainth937

Hello All,

I stuck on a point where i have to maintain state of room. The scenario is i am working on turn based multiplayer game in which one player is going to to create a room and other can join the room but if i create a room and place my elements into that game and no other player joined that room at that particular time then that room is not visible to others. Please suggest what i can i do.

Thanks
    Ashish

2. tobiass

tobiass

What exactly do you mean by "Not visible to others"?
    At the moment, all matchmaking in Photon is only done for "live" rooms with one or more active players in.

We will change this for Turnbased (not PUN!) and keep rooms in the matchmaking for some time, even if there is no active player anymore (in Turnbased, you can return to the room unless you abandon it. in that case, the player is just inactive).

PUN (Photon Unity Networking) does not support async gameplay as done by "Photon Turnbased". There are no inactive players and a room is only active when a player is still in it. Buffered actions (RPCs, Instantiate) can be seen by players who join later on.

3. ashish-kainth937

ashish-kainth937

Like i create a room and after that i leave it before joined by other player.

Then it will not show others to join that room in their lobby so that other player can join it.

But that room is shown in my saved games.

I just want other player can also see that room in their lobby so that i can setup any game and if other wants to start a game with me then they can start.

Thanks

4. Cjreek

Cjreek

Rooms are closed as soon as the last player leaves.

5. tobiass

tobiass

If you want to play a game with some other player, you would do something like an invite. Leaving a room open so that anyone might challenge me is only of limited help: Once the room is full, you can't be challenged anymore.

So whenever a player wants to play with someone else, you could open a room and send something like an invite.
    Please head over to our forum to discuss how this can work.

6. ashish-kainth937

ashish-kainth937

Thanks Tobiass for your suggestion i will look over it and will try fix it as per your suggestions.